Popjustice Retrochart w/e 10/04/82 | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

Popjustice Retrochart w/e 10/04/82

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by phoenix123, Apr 8, 2018.

1. 07 [​IMG] 17 My Camera Never Lies Bucks Fizz 398
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Entry: 27/03/82
    Peak: #7
    Weeks: 3

Chart run: 22-17-07

@BattlebornAl #2
    @cityofdoomsday N/A
    @Eric Generic #1 [​IMG] 3
    @Hairycub1969 #2 [​IMG] 8
    @Ironheade N/A
    @phoenix123 #1 [​IMG] 2

All five of Bucks Fizz's releases have gone top 20 since their debut but none has come close to beating the #5 peak of their debut single. It's difficult to see how this can progress much further though, as it is already top two in four of our charts.

#blameIronheade

2. Hairycub1969 and Eric Generic like this.
  3. Hairycub1969 and Eric Generic like this.
  4. 04 [​IMG] 09 See Those Eyes Altered Images 462
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Entry:
    27/03/1982
    Peak: #4
    Weeks: 3

Chart run: 16-09-04

@BattlebornAl #4
    @cityofdoomsday N/A
    @Eric Generic #5 [​IMG] 9
    @Hairycub1969 #12 [​IMG] 22
    @Ironheade #12 [​IMG] 18
    @phoenix123 #10 [​IMG] 16

Altered Images match the peak of previous single I Could Be Happy but have their sights set on repeating the success of their debut Happy Birthday which spent a month in the top 3.

Hairycub1969 and Eric Generic like this.
  5. Hairycub1969 and Eric Generic like this.
  6. Hairycub1969 and Eric Generic like this.
  7. Hairycub1969 and Eric Generic like this.
  8. Hairycub1969 and Eric Generic like this.
  9. Great fun watching this unfold. Dollar were robbed. ROBBED I tell you!!!!

If it's any consolation they're sort of #1 as the Graham Broad drums on Poison Arrow were lifted from a Dollar session because he couldn't make the recording!

:-)

Hairycub1969 and Eric Generic like this.
  10. Chartfile w/e 10th April 1982:
    ABC make it four weeks at the summit with "Poison Arrow" but climbing up behind them are Roxy Music, Dollar, Altered Images, Visage, Bucks Fizz, Elton John and Imagination - that's 7 climbers inside the top ten. Gary Numan and The Jam head south. There's some great records just outside the top ten - watch out for A Flock of Seagulls, Simple Minds, Japan, Bananarama & Fun Boy Three and Haircut 100 as they all could make the top ten soon - stay tuned!

Eric Generic likes this.
  11. I was always surprised that Damned Don't Cry didn't make the UK top 10 being a lead single. I was even more surprised that he didn't perform it on the Here And Now tour, singing the minor hit Pleasure Boys instead. I was probably the only person in the arena who had the single.

Eric Generic and Hairycub1969 like this.
  12. "Pleasure Boys" will be a Retrochart hit for me this November - celebrating the infamous "The Anvil" nightclub in NYC!

13. For me it's Night Train. That's in my all time top 10 songs.

Midge Ure HATED the single remix.

Hairycub1969 likes this.
  14. "Visage" the single remix is my fave Visage moment - it was Number one on my Retrochart last Summer (August 1981)!

BattlebornAl likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.