Popjustice Song Contest 117 - Results concluded! | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

Popjustice Song Contest 117 - Results concluded!

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Derek, Jul 30, 2022.

1. I sent @Derek a PM sice the form already expired, hoping he accepts it!

2. Submissions are now officially closed, and final entries have been added to the veto spreadsheet!

The song list should be coming soon - but first, here are some vetoes...

Empress Of - Save Me

- 17-page thread, previously submitted artist x3

Daul - In Touch (Ft. Charli Taft)

- Charli Taft = Previous winner

Kelsea Ballerini - Heartfirst

- Significant U.S. chart success

Did we get it right with Empress Of and Kelsea Ballerini? Those were both split decisions by the panel...

Isobel, DJHazey, berserkboi and 12 others like this.
  3. Wow, you girls really snapped this month. So many big songs I recognize. This is going to be fun!

4. Similar thoughts here. I recognize not only some songs I already know and love, but also several artists I previously sent or perhaps even considered sending. Looks like another bloodbath and potential trauma for me are incoming dd

Isobel, berserkboi, Attis and 5 others like this.
  5. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Kelsea does seem too well known, and I would have been fine with Empress Of personally (bops for days, check her out everyone) but she has had a thread in the main forum for a while and does seem too big for PJSC now.

6. This song is such a great bop but I agree that Empress Of seems to have been getting more and more hype on this forum as of lately, so it being a veto isn't surprising nor undeserving.
    I imagine pretty much the same thing to happen with FLO by the time they are again eligible of the contest.

7. Here's the Spotify playlist:

Missing: Edyta Górniak - Love Is On The Line

I thought I barely knew anything from here but when adding the songs I noticed a few were in my Liked list. Also I know exactly what @Untouchable Ace submitted hehe.

8. Not Leah Kate.

berserkboi and Untouchable Ace like this.
  9. Chapell Roan (who's in my current rate)! Superorganism! FLO! Faouzia! Lots of familiar faces, which is what I needed submitting for the first time in over a year

10. Émilie Simon? Alice Et Moi? Requin Chagrin???? French taking over is my new drug!!!

Isobel, DJHazey, If You Go and 5 others like this.
  11. Surprised some of these songs survived the veto, oh and I love the songs that didn’t. Excited to dive in.

Isobel, Maki, eatyourself and 2 others like this.
  12. This round I didn't come to slay, I came to play

BubblegumBoy, imaduck, Isobel and 5 others like this.
  13. Well I am absolutely loving what's most likely going to be my 12. I still need to finish the list but I keep going back to it dd.

Untouchable Ace, berserkboi and Maki like this.
  14. YES I didn't get vetoed! Really think this song is super hot so I'm curious to see how you all like it (or not).

15. This round I didn't come to play, I came to forget what I entered and be content to finish mid-table

*tongue pop*

16. I can't believe that in the year of our Lorde 2022 we somehow have a PJSC entry that's not available on Spotify.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.