Popjustice Song Contest 59 (RESULTS!)

So George Maple sits alongside Ralph as my most successful entry ever, and is probably one of my personal favourites already so I’m happy. TWO POINTS AWAY.

Also I checked the 2016/2017 stats and I’ve already beaten my overall points from last year! It’s a nice fight between me and @Derek for second and third, and only one more month left!

Wait, aren't there two contests left for 2017? I intend to make a comeback after digging myself into a hole earlier in the year, but you did not make it easy with your song this month!

he / him
Wait, aren't there two contests left for 2017? I intend to make a comeback after digging myself into a hole earlier in the year, but you did not make it easy with your song this month!

I’m so tired yes there’s two months.

Can we all please acknowledge that the cover art is fucking awful?

38679735fdcc40cfc0dc3570905b35f0.600x600x1.jpg

...but too be fair, most are in 2017.

he/him
Huge congratulations to @iheartpoptarts for your second win! Definitely downloaded a couple of their songs.

Thanks for the points for Pink Angels, which was kind of a 'throwaway' entry when I didn't have anything new ready.

I will be expecting to see my name at the top of the medal table on the wikidot site. How generous are you @imaduck?

@br0dy voted slightly incorrectly (for 11 songs), so his points were adjusted accordingly -- Yours was his tenth-ranked song, so actually received 1 point.

Oops, colour me embarrassed... I'll blame it on the fact that I was a tad rushed with my votes this time around.

Excited that Kristina and her ode to playing Nintendo DS with a couple of ****buddies got a couple of mentions for worst lyrics.

Can we all please acknowledge that the cover art is fucking awful?

38679735fdcc40cfc0dc3570905b35f0.600x600x1.jpg

...but too be fair, most are in 2017.

Believe me, I've entered so much worse!

cover-470x470.png

Huge congratulations to @iheartpoptarts for your second win! Definitely downloaded a couple of their songs.

Thanks for the points for Pink Angels, which was kind of a 'throwaway' entry when I didn't have anything new ready.

I will be expecting to see my name at the top of the medal table on the wikidot site. How generous are you @imaduck?

Yay, I thought you might be here for some of the earlier more pop-rock Openside stuff!

Congrats on your eight wins, too! (Hehe.)

Hey @citoig, thanks for the points sis! Shame I couldn't return the favour.

I thought @2014's entry was yours actually, and I gave Misterwives lots of points when they were entered here yonks ago if that helps.

Hey @citoig, I saw Misterwives this week and they were honestly so good, if that helps.

Put me out the shark sjdfhksdjhfdskjfhd sparks fly out!

Staff member
Top 10 is amazing! Thanks everyone, I'll read through the results properly when I get my life back but yay!!!

See @Derek, this would've been my 12 had you extended the submission window for a couple hours!

OOPS. Yeah, it probably would have been okay if you had entered a bit late since the vetoing wasn't finished yet at the time of the original deadline. Oh well.

Now we definitely need a PJSC The Runners Up rate.

YES, this should totally happen! It would be a good way to mark the upcoming 5-year(!) PJSC anniversary.