Popjustice Song Contest 78 // Legends 6 // Still Vetoing // Legends LIVE | The Popjustice Forum

Popjustice Song Contest 78 // Legends 6 // Still Vetoing // Legends LIVE

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by imaduck, May 6, 2019.

1. [​IMG]

Hello all and welcome to another edition of PJSC - and as you've probably all guessed, there's a legends theme once again!

The Main Contest

Popjustice Song contest is a music contest focused on discovering new music, each participant picks a song by a lesser known artist or new discovery and pits this song against other unknown or new songs.

The song you have chosen should be submitted to the host of the contest during the submission period, during this time the veto panel will score your song out of 100 (0 being instant veto, 100 being no issues) if it averages 50+ then it will be accepted into the contest. See veto guidelines here and previously entered songs here.

After the song list is revealed you have period of time where you are able to submit your votes, you should vote using the traditional Eurovision style points system (12, 10, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1) with the top marks going to your favorite, and 1 going to your 10th favorite, and remember you cannot vote for your own entry.

The Legends Side Contest

Alongside the main contest I will be running a side contest that's just a little bit of fun while the main contest ticks along, in the legends round you will submit a legends song i.e. a popular song that would never make it to the main contest, from any artist - think your Britney's, Christina's, Spice Girls etc etc. These songs will battle for supremacy in a sports style tournament bracket where every few days you'll get to vote in. This part of the contest doesn't mean anything but it's a good excuse for @Carel to force everyone to listen to Michelle McManus. The only songs that are off limits are songs that have been entered before (originally this was not the case, but after some repeats in PJ00's legends it was boring and they did worse than before, there's a master list below) The current winners are...

Emma Bunton - Maybe
    Madonna - Frozen
    Spice Girls - Spice Up Your Life
    Freemasons/Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Heartbreak Make Me A Dancer
    Dead Or Alive - You Spin Me Round
    TLC - No Scrubs

Legends Songs Master List

Now, to this months Legends Theme, we'll be celebrating all things of the British Isles so that's any song by an artist or artists from the British Isles (and yes, that includes Ireland, I googled it) meaning any artists of UK and or Irish origin. I will accept artists from sovereign oversea's territories so you Surianne Dalmedo fans can finally bring the bops.

Submit Your Entries HERE

You have until 13/5/19 - 18:00BST

Last edited: May 6, 2019
    Filippa, Zar-Unity, Carel and 10 others like this.
  2. I'm really sorry that I just came in prevented anyone else from winning this round, with my entry. But look at the bright side, you all get a new bop to be obsessed with!

slaybellz and Maki like this.
  3. Wasn’t sure whether to submit a legitimate entry or a troll entry to the Legends round. So I did both xx

Maki, imaduck, soratami and 1 other person like this.
  4. Annnnd sent my entry!

Maki likes this.
  5. Steps?

Maki and OspreyQueen like this.
  6. I would do the whole "I'm coming for #1/your faves aren't safe etc" thing but, more realistically, it'd be nice to have my first top 15 placement of the year ddd

slaybellz, Maki, berserkboi and 4 others like this.
  7. Steps are legit one of my favourite acts ever, so at the end of the day I’d just be playing myself.

iheartpoptarts and soratami like this.
  8. Also, I’m 99% sure my entry’s gonna flop, but I love it too much to not submit it. If it makes it out with just one point I’ll be happy.

soratami likes this.
  9. Wait, this makes me think maybe I should change my Legends entry to this

Too bad Ms Maxine isn't British.

Maki, OspreyQueen and iheartpoptarts like this.
  10. Steps are exactly the sort of thing I'd like to see!

*cue like 50 submissions of the exact opposite now that I've said that*

OspreyQueen likes this.
  11. So Am I, that's song of the year stuff right there. Ava Max, saving pop in 2019, etc.

soratami and iheartpoptarts like this.
  12. I've submitted! Y'all better not do my Legend wrong.

13. Let's stan Ava and Steps in the same place, it'll be awesome.

DJHazey likes this.
  14. You're gonna love that mashup then! I just discovered it a little while ago and whew, bop*2.

15. Submitted! I feel a leaderboard tumble coming and my Legend's gonna flop, but at least it's a vicious bop.

berserkboi likes this.
  16. Not me checking in to the forum every two hours for the last five days to see if Lady Duck has made a new thread and I can submit the winning song before anyone else does, only to fall asleep and then finding out it opened three fucking hours ago.

[​IMG]

17. probably someone entered my legendary artist already but what can I do, it was the first that came to my mind
    [​IMG]

livefrommelbs, Island, Maki and 4 others like this.
  18. I swear this whole legend needing to be English/Irish is to prevent me blitzing it with this remix:

(Although, is Yelbar an Irish remixer?? Dddddd)

Maki, Sprockrooster and soratami like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.