Popjustice Song Contest 80 - Other Tongue (Voting Deadline 24th!) | The Popjustice Forum

Popjustice Song Contest 80 - Other Tongue (Voting Deadline 24th!)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Tiger Suit, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Hello everybody, and welcome to PopJustice Song Contest 80, the pearl anniversary!

This round will be hosted by myself, and the good sis from Down Under, @berserkboi.
    After @WoW73 & @Sprockrooster hosted such a killer round last month, we hope we can keep that momentum going for it’s 80th(!!!) round.

cmd+ v section for the new kids
    "Popjustice Song contest is a music contest focused on discovering new music, each participant picks a song by a lesser known artist or new discovery and pits this song against other unknown or new songs.

The song you have chosen should be submitted to the host of the contest during the submission period, during this time the veto panel will score your song out of 100 (0 being instant veto, 100 being no issues) if it averages 50+ then it will be accepted into the contest. See veto guidelines here and previously entered songs here.

After the song list is revealed you have period of time where you are able to submit your votes, you should vote using the traditional Eurovision style points system (12, 10, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1) with the top marks going to your favorite, and 1 going to your 10th favorite, and remember you cannot vote for your own entry."

Because the silver and gold were taken by two foreign language songs, we agreed that should somehow carry into this round. So for this round’s side contest, the theme is; Other Tongue.

Basically, whatever song you enter to the main contest, your side theme song must be of a different language.
    Say, for example, you enter a Spanish song into the main contest, don’t immediately think your side song has to be in English, it can be in any language you want, provided it isn’t Spanish.
    Obviously, participation in a side theme isn’t mandatory, but if you do choose to participate in the side theme, I encourage you to treat it as a though it were a main contest; challenge yourself to find a hidden gem we may not know about from around the world. If the act has substantial reach in the world, or has a notable PJ presence, treat it as a veto.
    So, for example; BTS, BlackPink, Rosalia, Mylene Farmer, t.A.T.u., et al - All would probably be vetoed in the main contest.

If you don't wish to submit a side song, you’re still welcome to participate in the voting.

Have fun, get searching, take a chance on the wild card song you find, and best of luck.

Submit Here!

Submission deadline: Friday, July 12th, 23.59 GMT
    Voting deadline: Friday, July 24th, 23.59 GMT

Results:
    Side songs: Friday, July 26th, 19.00 GMT
    Main competition: Saturday, July 27th, 19.00 GMT

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019 at 12:24 PM
    vague, slaybellz, Ana Raquel and 14 others like this.
  2. Reserved for side reveals.

3. Reserved for results.

4. The Talent On Display Here? Far Too Much! We stan you @Tiger Suit !!

- Vote Here (Main Contest)
    PLAYLIST
    PJSC 80

- Vote Here (Side Contest)
    PLAYLIST
    Other Tongue

Full Song List for side theme below!
    Playlists courtesy of the wonderful @OspreyQueen!

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019 at 1:29 AM
    Zar-Unity, WoW73, vague and 3 others like this.
  5. [​IMG]

6. vague, nnnumb, Maki and 1 other person like this.
  7. Great theme! I've submitted my actual contest entry (veto pending) so will have a think of a side theme submission!

vague, Tiger Suit, Maki and 1 other person like this.
  8. Uhh? Shouldn't the who-picked-what list come after the voting deadline?

londonrain, Maki and berserkboi like this.
  9. *[email protected] til we fix this! Dddddd

vague, londonrain, Maki and 3 others like this.
  10. Submissions is actually always the same link.

I just didn't delete the jobs bit..

Fixed and also added a other Tongue submission section.

vague, RUNAWAY, əʊæ and 4 others like this.
  11. @imaduck

Would Dalida pass the side theme under the current PJSC Veto Guidelines? Asking for @Sprockrooster!

vague, londonrain, Maki and 1 other person like this.
  12. 2014

2014 Moderator

ALREADY ENTERED YAHOO

Maki and berserkboi like this.
  13. I actually have two other options ddd

14. So are the side theme songs also going to go through the veto panel or will it be up to the hosts if they're eligible or not?

15. Only us, as it might be too much work for the Panel to also do that :)

vague, Tiger Suit, londonrain and 3 others like this.
  16. So they're not to be songs by hugely known acts, but they don't have to be obscure enough that they'd pass in the main contest right? Just not wanting to waste a potential entry is all.

17. Yeah, I'd say something in between is fine...

No Mylene Farmer but a big Patricia Kaas hit (only in France) may be okay - type thing...

18. Well, if Laura Pausini passed veto a while ago, I imagine Patricia Kaas would too ddd. But I get it, thanks.

Are we going to also be voting in the side theme songs?

19. As I understand it - YES!! :D (I am hoping we end up with two official winners, this round!)

Okay, @soratami - you can send a deep cut by Dalida!! Ddddd

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.