// Popjustice Song Contest III | Discussion/Confirmation/Voting/Results \\ | The Popjustice Forum

// Popjustice Song Contest III | Discussion/Confirmation/Voting/Results \\

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Oricon, Jan 25, 2013.

1. [​IMG]

Welcome to the Popjustice Song Contest, third edition hosted. The theme of this contest is defined by the term "EXOTIC". Whether that implies on an individual sending a truly inspired piece of music or sending something out of the blues from the norm, it's up for interpretation by each contestant.

The dates of the contest will be as follows:

\\ Confirmation // 24th January - 1st February
    \\ Voting Period // 1st February - 9th February
    \\ Final Results // 10th February

Everyone has an extra day to vote, for those who didn't realise this. As the contest can contain over 40 songs, it's recommended that you spread your listening time for each entry rather than cramming it all at one go. IF the number of submission exceeds 50 entries, semi-finals MAY be up for discussion.

Veto system:

For those who are new to the contest and are unaware on how this system works, it's a scheme set up to prevent mainstream songs or songs/artists who have a significant fanbase on Popjustice. The juries for this can be read at the main PopjusticeHQ thread and they have a say on whether your entry shall proceed further into the main contest or not. If your entry is vetoed, you will be informed via PM by myself asking you to rechoose another song choice if you wish to still participate in the contest.

How to submit:

-Firstly, decide your entry by choosing a song to use.
    -Avoid songs which are hyped up on this forum or on music blogs. This includes ALL mainstream singers (do not bother entering songs by the likes of Eminem, Rihanna, Carly Rae Jepsen, One Direction, etc. as they will ALL be vetoed).
    -After you have chosen your entry, private message me the following:
    •Artist:
    •Song:
    •Video Link (YouTube, Dailymotion, Vimeo, etc.):
    -YOU MAY CHANGE YOUR ENTRY ONLY ONCE! CHOOSE WISELY!

Voting process:

-The voting process is as follows:
    •12 Points // MOST FAVOURITE
    •10 Points // ---
    •08 Points // ---
    •07 Points // ---
    •06 Points // ---
    •05 Points // ---
    •04 Points // ---
    •03 Points // ---
    •02 Points // ---
    •01 Point // TENTH FAVOURITE
    -YOU MAY NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN ENTRY!
    -Discussion for which entry you entered is FORBIDDEN within this thread and via means outside of this forum.
    -Your votes can NOT be revealed at anytime during the voting process.
    -The winner of this contest will be hosting the next edition. Failing that, the hosting opportunity shall be passed onto the runner-up.
    -A special mention to the people of Buzzjack who inspired the creation of this contest!

Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  2. ops

ops

Surely 1 point is for the tenth favourite, not the least favourite.

3. Why yes, thanks! Corrected.

4. "Girl".

Woo excitement. I can submit now then? Coming for the winnnnnnnI_CANNOT_USE_REAL_WORDS_PROPERLY.

5. A&E

A&E

The exotic theme helped me finally choose my song, haha. I hope someone likes it!

6. Exotic?! My choice is probably the least exotic song ever. (it isn't).

7. My choice isn't exotic either. Was there a theme last time if so I didn't realize. If it's not exotic will songs be vetoed?

8. Yeah since when did we have themes? I'm guessing my entry could be described as exotic.

9. Nah, it'll be fine, unless you send in What's My Name?

My choice is probably the strongest of my picks yet, though that's not exactly saying something when I hold the record for lowest scoring song.

10. Oh that's okay then as I didn't want my Chas and Dave choice being thrown out lol

11. A&E

A&E

I guess the theme is not obligatory but yeah, it helped me as I couldn't decide between several songs. I don't think it will be nearly as well-received as my last entry but we shall see.

12. Charley

Charley Staff Member

Song sent in!

13. It's not obligatory, it's just to add a ~flavour~ to the contest. Think the hearts of Eurovision 2011 or the firey theme Eurovision 2012 had.

14. Song has been sent.

I don't have high hopes for this round but I just want people to hear it.

15. I knew what that would link to before I even clicked it!

16. MollieSwift21

MollieSwift21 Staff Member

I've decided on which artist I'll be picking but I can't decided between 3 songs.

17. You said that with some determination!

18. I had my roommate choose my song from a selection of seven. Hopefully this goes well.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.