Popjustice Song Contests Hub: PJSC, PJ Retro, PJ00s+, PJXtra – Updates

Hosting or co-hosting the Forum Song Contests should be open to...

• Medalists only

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Medalists and/or users that expressed interest before

Votes: 17 70.8%
  • Only users that expressed interest before

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Does not matter to me

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So there seems to have been a recent rise of AI tools which allow anyone to pretty easily generate a decent-quality song. Are songs that have been generated using AI (whether by a participant or not) allowed in PJSC/PJXtra? If yes, how do the repeat artist rules apply? If no... well, I guess it may be time for PJAIGSC!? (PopJustice AI-Generated Song Contest)

So there seems to have been a recent rise of AI tools which allow anyone to pretty easily generate a decent-quality song. Are songs that have been generated using AI (whether by a participant or not) allowed in PJSC/PJXtra? If yes, how do the repeat artist rules apply? If no... well, I guess it may be time for PJAIGSC!? (PopJustice AI-Generated Song Contest)

I think we should keep that can of worms firmly closed.

Well... these AI retro song fakes sound scarily real. There's this one called "I Glued My Balls To My Butthole Again" I stumbled upon recently.

And the reason I'm bringing this up is because I found a local version of these which sound like legit hits from back in the day and are perfectly well-crafted songs but with lyrics like 'I shat my pants' etc. Played that one and a few others to my parents today and they thought it's genius/hilarious so I'll consider it a win ddd