Popjustice Song Contests Hub: PJSC, PJ Retro, PJ00s – The Re-Up | The Popjustice Forum

Popjustice Song Contests Hub: PJSC, PJ Retro, PJ00s – The Re-Up

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Jeffo, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Current Schedules

PJSC (Popjustice Song Contest)
    The original song contest, songs from any year accepted
    • Current Round: PJSC 82
    • Host(s): @CorgiCorgiCorgi
    • Entry Submission Deadline: September 12 (23:59 GMT)
    • Voting Deadline: September 29 (23:59 GMT)
    • Results Reveal Date: September 30
    • Resource for guidelines, previous contests/entries, and more: PJSC HQ

PJ Retro (Popjustice Retro Song Contest)

Formerly known as PJOPS, pre-2000 songs accepted

PJ00s

The 2000s song contest, songs from 2000-2009 accepted
    • Current Round: PJ00s 19 (Upcoming)
    • Host(s): TBD
    • Entry Submission Deadline: TBD
    • Voting Deadline: TBD
    • Results Reveal Date: TBD
    • Resource for guidelines, previous contests/entries, and more: The PJ00s Vault

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019 at 3:02 PM
  2. What are Popjustice song contests?
    • Monthly contests (or thereabouts) dedicated to discovering and sharing relatively obscure music with fellow Popjustice members
    • Each contest has an entry submission period of 1-2 weeks in which you can send one song of your choice (a song from any time period for PJSC, a song released before 01.01.2000 for PJOPS, and a song released between 01.01.2000-31.12.2009 for PJ00s) - visit the linked threads to find out how to enter!
    • Each entered song is evaluated by a contest-specific veto panel of fellow PJ members to ensure it fits within that contest's guidelines.
    • After the entry submission deadline has passed, all songs that have passed veto are posted in the thread, and those who submitted a song have 2-4 weeks to listen to all the entries and award points to their favorite 10 songs (Eurovision-style, so 12, 10, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, and 1) excluding their own entry
    • Once the voting deadline is passed, the host reveals the results, and the next round commences
    (Credit goes to @Mina for putting the above info together.)

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  3. Triple Crown Winners
    (Users who have won all three song contests; first win in each contest listed)
    Double Crown Winners
    (Users who have won two out of the three song contests; first win in each contest listed)
    Single Crown Winners
    (Users who have won one of the three song contests; first win listed)

PJSC

PJOPS/PJ Retro

PJ00s

Information current as of the completion of PJSC 81, PJ Retro 48, and PJ00s 18

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019 at 3:29 PM
  4. Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
  5. [​IMG]

Alright lovelies, we've got a new song contest hub thread. I'll do my best to update this in a timely fashion but sometimes I get distracted (just ask anyone who has ever PMed me) so feel free to tag me with any updates. Good luck out there xx

6. The above lists haven't been updated since April. I've added @Maki due to their recent wins, but is there anyone else missing? I'll do some digging when I get the chance.

7. I think that’s it.

8. @Jeffo I won two top secret contest rounds.

9. I'm secretly a quintuple crown winner but I'm trying not to show off.

Remorque, Island, Maki and 5 others like this.
  10. Alright, I pored over the PJSC, PJOPS/PJ Retro, and PJ00s winners lists. I've added @One Stop Candy Shop to the double crown winners list, becoming the first entrant to qualify with a PJ Retro win instead of a PJOPS win. Congrats, sis!

I've also added a list of entrants who have won in only one song contest, partly to have as an easy reference in the future. As always, let me know if I need to make a correction because I kind of compiled all of this on the fly.

Island, livefrommelbs, 2014 and 9 others like this.
  11. I've added a list of resources that can come in handy for the contests. Some of these resources are only for those really want to venture into the weeds, but I thought it might be worth listing these as they are resources that veto panelists across all three contests might use to determine whether to pass your submission. I've noted user-submitted databases as such because not everything listed on these sites is verified as true.

I do suggest everyone check out the last link here, which is a resource I recently found that you can use to check to see if the video you wish to submit is geoblocked anywhere. I imagine this will come in handy for some.

Feel free to make any suggestion to this list. It's not comprehensive by any means.

12. berserkboi, Maki and londonrain like this.
  13. If a song isn’t on youtube or Spotify there’s not much chance entering it in a contest, right?

Maki, berserkboi and babes aloud like this.
  14. I’ve sent in songs that were on Dailymotion and Vimeo before, and other users have uploaded songs to YouTube before for the purpose of a contest. I’ve definitely voted for PJSC entries that were only on Soundcloud.

As long as there’s a way people can actually hear the song for free you should be fine.

Remorque, Maki, soratami and 4 others like this.
  15. yes, or fined for copyright infringement hehehe

Maki, Sprockrooster, soratami and 2 others like this.
  16. The ones who uploaded them to YouTube generally didn’t use the actual artist name or title just in case dddd.

Maki, soratami, berserkboi and 2 others like this.
  17. I figured as such hehehe. I might call the song London Rain by Sora Tami

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.