Popjustice Song Contests Hub: PJSC, PJ Retro, PJ00s – The Re-Up | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

Popjustice Song Contests Hub: PJSC, PJ Retro, PJ00s – The Re-Up

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Jeffo, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Me now being thoroughly confused by what PJXtra is actually supposed to be but wanting y'all to have fun anyway

[​IMG]

Maki and londonrain like this.
  2. PJXtra is... an idea, a concept, a state of mind

[​IMG]

(Actually the thing is it's not actually set in stone whether going forward it'll always have the same rules/theme as round one or if it'll have more or less the same rules but a different theme every time)

Island, berserkboi, Maki and 2 others like this.
  3. I need Retro to have a quick turn around this month. You better believe that I'm entering everything whilst stuck in isolation.

4. Looking forward to losing to you in more than PJSC for a bitsy!

5. Oh please, I don't come hard in any of the other contests.

[​IMG]

Sprockrooster, soratami, Maki and 3 others like this.
  6. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Says the triple crown winner.

7. [​IMG]

8. You better be doing PJXtra.
    Go enter a song now.

Sprockrooster, berserkboi and Maki like this.
  9. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

I thought we weren’t allowed?

Sprockrooster, berserkboi and Maki like this.
  10. I thought there was no clear answer on that.

11. You are allowed! Sorry for the misinformation.

12. If you guys want more Song Contests in your life right now, someone might like to consider doing that crossover contest between the three rates ‘second chance’ we discussed or just the first Retro Second Chance :)

Untouchable Ace, Maki and soratami like this.
  13. [​IMG]

Maki and berserkboi like this.
  14. People who want more Song Contests in their life - the Anime Rate is accepting Song Contest picks til April 12! You can enter up to 2 songs!

- Song can be in any language (get those localised German, French, English, Italian etc faves in!!!)
    - They can be from any Anime title - whether they form part of the 66 properties we have selected or one of 1000s others!
    - Only restriction is around not being a cover/using the same instrumental as a song we rated in Part 1
    - Submit by April 12 - Vote by April 30 (Eurovision Style!)

soratami and Untouchable Ace like this.
  15. With her recent PJSC win, congrats to our newest double crown winner, @CorgiCorgiCorgi!

16. Hey hey,

Not sure if this is the place to ask this or not but rather than fill up the latest round with chat, I thought I’d bring it here.

I was wondering if any consideration might be given in the future to extending the PJ00s period from which submissions would be accepted. As presumably we’ll be a long way off from having a dedicated PJ10s contest and PJSC in its current format seems, to my eyes, more geared towards relatively contemporary songs, it feels like there could be an opportunity to open up the contest to include songs from a time that is currently under-represented. 2010/11/12 maybe?

Anyways, it’s in no way a criticism of what already happens or a demand for change - I’m just interested to start a conversation (and it may well be one that’s been had before - so apologies if that’s the case)

Just to add - I really enjoy the contests in their current iterations & participating in them has massively improved my experience of the forum. I also wish for world peace. Thank you distinguished panel of judges.

WoW73, Filippa, livefrommelbs and 5 others like this.
  17. I'm definitely here for that idea. Maybe add an eligible year with each year that passes? For example, start allowing 2010 songs in 2021, 2011 songs in 2022 and so on. That would be a way to always keep the contest fresh without seeming like a massive change, and while still making sure the entries are at least 10 years old.

18. Definitely here to be more inclusive.

19. Since PJXtra has become a somewhat regular thing and is now on its third round, I figure it should be included in this thread as well, no?

Doodvid and Untouchable Ace like this.
  20. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Is anyone actually maintaining a list of the entries for PJXtra? If it’s going to be a regular contest then presumably the other contests should be blocking previous PJXtra entries from being submitted...

WoW73, Untouchable Ace and Doodvid like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.