Popjustice Song Contests Hub: PJSC, PJ Retro, PJ00s – The Re-Up | Page 6 | The Popjustice Forum

Popjustice Song Contests Hub: PJSC, PJ Retro, PJ00s – The Re-Up

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Jeffo, Aug 10, 2019.

1. I've been toying with the idea of how to include PJXtra in this thread with an asterisk, but low-key it hasn't been a high priority for me. I've got some other ideas to spruce up this thread too, but we'll see if/when those might come to fruition.

Also, I don't mean to be a Negative Nancy, but if the third round could only muster 19 participants, it might be worth considering allowing more time between rounds. I don't say that to shit on anyone's enjoyment or to be overly critical, it's just that contest fatigue may be setting in.

2. Yea, Xtra should be just that in my opinion: an extra round, not monthly.... like 4 times a year ideally and non- English as far as I'm concerned.

Jeffo, londonrain and berserkboi like this.
  3. I can maintain that list - haven't made one yet, but shouldn't be too much work if teh contest is not a monthly one. I can even add the songs from the extra round (round 80, I think) that inspired PJXtra

4. There have been pretty long gaps between rounds so far, I doubt the gap being one month or three months has much impact on the number of people taking part, because there will always be three other contests taking place at the same time anyway. If anything, the reason this round had a fairly low number of participants was because entries had to have an Eurovision connection, which was a roadblock for some people. Also, for quite a while PJOPS had about 20 or less participants per round, I don't think that's necessarily a problem to begin with.

5. With all due respect, I'm not invested in PJXtra enough to continue this discussion. Y'all are welcome to take my opinion or leave it.

WoW73 and Untouchable Ace like this.
  6. That would be a lovely touch to include round 0.
    Your next step Mr. Wow is for you, the creator to make a PJXtra HQ thread.
    After the master list of course.

WoW73 likes this.
  7. Yes I shall - And with your help of course, fellow Sugababes & GA stan!

Untouchable Ace likes this.
  8. Hey there
    @invertedbutterfly
    @Eric Generic
    @WowWowWowWow
    @iheartpoptarts
    @KamikazeHeart

What do you think about this for an upcoming PJRetro second chance round? It's long overdue.

Holding a special second chance contest open to any song entered into PJOPS/PJRetro & PJSC that was released before December 31st 1999.
    Excluding songs which achieved a medal.

We could also for this contest keep the song selection to the first 30 rounds of PJOPS and the first 50 rounds of PJSC.

9. The great side of this is that it would allow a lot of us who missed the early rounds to experience/discover great music we may have missed instead of rehashing things we already deem favourites :D

10. I'm here for that. And on that note, the next PJ00s second chances round should allow 00s songs that were entered in PJSC and in the special PJOPS round too

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.