Popjustice Twenty Quid Music Prize 2022 | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

Popjustice Twenty Quid Music Prize 2022

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Lost In Japan., Jul 22, 2021.

1. There’s a lot of great entries this year. Little Mix, Dua, & Jessie seem like the obvious top choices so I’ll root for the underdogs. Bree Runway or Danny L. Harle better come through!

2. Bree Runway is British?

3. You’d think after 18 years, I’d remember that, but alas…

LPMA, 2014 and soratami like this.
  4. Sweet Melody obv.

jawow_ and Vasilios like this.
  5. CMAT, really? Are we still doing this in 2021?

6. Why What’s Your Pleasure over Please?!

7. I humbly made a playlist of all the previous nominees as the idea of subscribing to 19 separate playlists stressed me out.

jawow_, diamondliam, Mikal and 7 others like this.
  8. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Thanks for that!
    The numbers of songs unavailable over here though... Misfit, Maybe, Some Girls, Mini Viva's... Why do we even have Spotify if they leave out all the good stuff?

9. soratami’s post is nothing to do with CMAT? Maybe check your ignored posters.

2014 likes this.
  10. I think the point they were making is that CMAT is not British.

Eligibility is the same as the Mercury, so best British and Irish singles of the last year.

jawow_ and varjak like this.
  11. Melodies yeah.

12. K94

K94

Levitating obv

Would have picked 'Regardless' over 'Love of Your Life' though.

13. The good sis soratami was replying to a post about a Slayyyter song? Literally nothing to do with CMAT.

14. Thanks, so much amazing pop songs in that playlist.

WowWowWowWow likes this.
  15. The dark energy of Do It Like a Dude being the final track. You really said let's punish the gays who make it that far.

16. Haha! Well...... In my defense, the full playlist has 228 songs—the Spotify embeds only display the first 100 songs.

Mikal and blaze_dave like this.
  17. Being the glutton for punishment that I am, I was on the verge of creating another playlist for the songs that “won” the £20 Invoice Prize. But I decided to go to my grave without adding “Galway Girl” to any of my playlists, and I’m not looking to change my own mind.

Which begs the question... who should be in contention for the year’s worst British pop single?

18. I replied to the point that said the prize is open to British artists only, when CMAT isn’t (thanks to Lost in Japan we now know it’s Irish artists also). I’m aware it was intended in reference to Slayyyter not being eligible, thanks!

Lost In Japan. likes this.
  19. Was this not supposed to happen tonight?

20. It is happening tonight!

soratami, Blond and Lost In Japan. like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.