Popjustice Twenty Quid Music Prize 2022 | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

Popjustice Twenty Quid Music Prize 2022

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Lost In Japan., Jul 22, 2021.

1. Dua won with "Physical" last year and Future Nostalgia was Mercury-shortlisted. Also, Georgia won in 2019 for "About Work the Dancefloor" and Seeking Thrills was up for the Mercury the following year, though I guess that wouldn't technically have been a "double".

Anyway, great to see the Laura Mvula hive rise up!

Lost In Japan. and 2014 like this.
  2. This felt a bit of an okay but not great list this year. I like many of the artists nominated but don't think those are their best songs which were eligible. Church Girl is much better in my opinion.

3. RJF

RJF

Pale Waves are so shit lmao

LE0Night likes this.
  4. Reads like they pull two songs out of a hat, remove the loser and put the winner back into the draw.

5. Hi girls, if you haven't seen I'm running a rate in Charts & Rates as a retrospective of the past twenty years of Twenty Quid Prizes! We'll get to last year's nominees in a future part but for now we are rating the nominees from 2003-2007, and I mean look at the material!
    Iconic winners, questionable nominees, some things never change... Voting is open until April 3rd and I would love to have you x

6. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Some decent songs there but I really feel the girlgroup shaped hole Little Mix left behind now.

jawow_ and Lost In Japan. like this.
  7. Mr PJ including Merry Christmas on the list...

[​IMG]

ratedr, eddy2375, Uno and 23 others like this.
  8. Flo picking up the mantle though!

I’m also happy with the Rose Gray and HYYTS nods.

However… Self Esteem making the Mercury List but You Forever somehow NOT making the Twenty Quid shortlist?? If I speak…

9. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Oh right. I did notice them yet somehow felt I missed.. a manufactured act?

10. I think I've only heard four of them, but out of those it's This Hell by a landslide.

11. Half of these are new to me which is nice. Can see FLO winning maybe?

12. Merry Christmas hahahahahahabahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

ha

Dynamo and Dr Pop like this.
  13. I can't click on the homepage link without it triggering my anti-virus software. Been like this for months.

14. Peter logging into Wordpress for the first time in 10 months to post the list

[​IMG]

Island, WowWowWowWow, tea and 20 others like this.
  15. Absolutely chuffed to bits for HYYTS. The nicest lads, they so deserve this.

Lost In Japan. likes this.
  16. The list is pretty bad, I think I only like about 5 of the tracks. In an elegibility period that had songs like these…

Hmm

eddy2375, Island, tea and 17 others like this.
  17. The Self Esteem, Foxes and FKA twigs snubs are weird.

18. So happy for Rose Gray!

Lost In Japan. and soratami like this.
  19. 2014

2014 Staff Member

The way the actual Mercury list is better….

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.