Pose | Page 33 | The Popjustice Forum

Pose

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by CaliDevotion, Apr 12, 2018.

1. I liked the episode. Like doesn't really add anything to the story but it did make me want an Elektra, Lulu, Angel, Blanca girl group.

Vitamin and Uno like this.
  2. I liked seeing a stress-free, sisterhood, happy girls-nite-out episode. The fashionz!

3. Reminded me a little of sex and the city (if it was more diverse).

Meathook, Mr. Humes and Vasilios like this.
  4. I'll add something a bit random and a bit off topic: it warms my heart to see these actresses glow up in our very screens, especially in these days. It makes me happy to see trans brothers and sisters have an opportunity like this one and see them happy, even considering that it is all a script. It just makes me happy.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
  5. It's so... underwhelming to see them them run out of steam narrative-wise. This week featured yet another nod to Paris Is Burning and it's getting kinda stale. Also, Candy still popping up in this magic realism-thing is just blah. S1 felt honestly like they were expanding ball culture familiarity and knowledge, while S2 cannot for the life of it stop making such clear and obvious links to the documentary almost exclusively. Ball culture is and has been wider and more nuanced than the documentary. They're dropping the ball by not letting that be evidenced.

6. This was one of my favorite episodes of the season as I much prefer just watching these character exist than having 'after school special'-style MESSAGES shoved down my throat in every single scene.

7. Uno

Uno

This was a much needed lighter episode. Was nice to see the characters let loose and have some positivity come their way for once. One of my favorites.

9. Elektra destroying that woman in the restaurant though... I love to see it.

Clear your throat. Lubricate. Read that bitch.

10. Yes! Best part!

11. "A boyfriend named Jake" makes me scream every time.

12. I just ran into the actor that plays Lamar on the train!

Rei Ayanami and torontodj like this.
  13. I'm already distraught at how I think this finale is going to end based on the first scene

14. Oh, Gawd, that Whitney moment. MJ and Whitney nearly ended me.

POPGASM and Rei Ayanami like this.
  15. It was a great finale. I'm very interested to see what happens next season, especially with the way it ended

16. Really beautiful episode. I'm intrigued to see where the show goes next. Everyone's story-lines felt complete.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019 at 7:48 PM
    POPGASM likes this.
  17. I genuinely enjoyed that - a terrific way to end what wasn't the best season.

lushLuck likes this.
  18. Yeah I really enjoyed that episode and it was great to have the ballroom being centre stage again. That scene with Blanca entering the ballroom was perfect.

Rei Ayanami and POPGASM like this.
  19. I thought overall the season finale was good, especially every scene with Blanca.

But I hate to say this but I fast-forward the Angel/Lil Papi scenes. Angel was such an amazing character the first season. This season, though, I can't quite put my finger on it, but I'm just not as invested in her character or her relationship with Lil Papi. Indya remains amazing, though.

Dangerous Maknae likes this.
  20. Angel's storyline was definitely compelling last season but I'm glad they chose to give her happiness as opposed to letting her toil away with insecure white straight dudes.

Vasilios and Rei Ayanami like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.