Pose | Page 65 | The Popjustice Forum

Pose

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by CaliDevotion, Apr 12, 2018.

1. I was the same and binge watched it all in about 4 days. Loved it all and agree with what you have said. I will miss this show so much and I truly mean it! One of the greatest tv dramas ever and I will probs go back and watch all the seasons again sometime soon. A void will be left in my life by this show not being on anymore.
    I was a bit underwhelmed by the last scene and thought it could of been better or something else sorry. I felt the wedding and that scene of Angel and Papi on beach fitting in with all those straight couples with kids felt like what could have been a more fitting ending. If they have left the wedding till the last episode mixed in with the other scenes from the last episode like the girls at lunch etc.

colouroffensive likes this.
  2. I didn't know she made music. Loving it! Such a nice 90s vibe.
    And she looks stunning! Plus she can dance.

3. Love this song

4. I see next Sunday BBC2 are showing Pose at midnight, I know the series is on iPlayer but the BBC really don’t have faith in the show at all

5. Binged the entire final season in a week and overall I was just happy to have Blanca, Elektra and Lulu back on my screen.

I understand having only 7/8 episodes was out of their control, but the writers absolutely had the scope to streamline the storylines, reduce the time lapses and, above all, CUT SOME FUCKING HAM-FISTED B PLOTS. The whole season felt botched, and was carried by some excellent performances.

I've made my disdain for how Pray is written and performed known already, but we don't talk enough about how jarring Sandra Bernhard's 'character' was as a walking, talking PSA popping up whenever there's discussion of HIV, *almost* as bad as Patti LuPone's cameo.

At least we got episode 3.

6. YES MUTHA! MJ looked absolutely stunning at the Met Gala

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. MJ Knowles <3

8. Indya also looked stunning

9. Edu

Edu

!!!

[​IMG]

The cast of Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom has gotten a little deeper. Jani Zhao, Indya Moore and Vincent Regan have joined the Warner Bros. DC movie that is now in production with James Wan in the director’s seat. Meanwhile, Randall Park has returned to reprise his role from the first big-budget installment in the adventures of the man who would be king of the underwater kingdom of Atlantis. Jason Momoa is back as the half-human, half-Atlantean hero as are many of the first movie’s actors, including Patrick Wilson as Orm, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II as Black Manta, Amber Heard as Mera and Dolph Lundgren as King Nereus. Plot details are being kept underwater but the new additions may reveal some scope to the action.
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/aquaman-and-the-lost-kingdom-cast-1235020425/

10. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

11. Gurl no, the wedding episode was truly the worst. Thank God they didn't end it that way.

12. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

I'm glad he's getting eaten up on Twitter for his narcissism

He was cool with his trans costars getting snubbed and that "they'll get their shot", but he's angry that Harry Styles took "his" spot, which wasn't his in the first place? Just like Pray Tell, he thinks too highly of himself. I still stand by the fact that he didn't act as a new character in Pose, but as the same person he is personally. And to mention ego and not focusing on "bittersweet"? He's a weirdo.

13. He's the black James Corden dd.
    And all this drama is obv promo for his single.

14. He just comes off very self centered. Acted like he was the main character in Pose. Acting like he is the first male celebrity to put on a dress. It's just not uplifting others enough and that's unfortunate. He should be happy for others to be breaking ground in the ways that they are-- instead of mad that all eyes aren't on him for it. He's allowed to feel his feelings too, but, maybe the public statements should be a bit more gracious than jealous or bitter.

Jamie, Remorque, AbSynth and 4 others like this.
  15. I get his frustration when he sees a white, British, straight male get applauded for doing something that people in the queer community do and get death threats for. He’s going about it all wrong.

16. Then again, the critics also acted like he was the main character in Pose.

Literally every time I see him mentioned, I think of @Mr.Arroz saying a while back "Billy Porter can only play Billy Porter and I'm over it" and chuckle to myself.

Island, Remorque, He and 3 others like this.
  17. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

[​IMG]

He likes this.
  18. Sir, all you did was cross your eyes, spit and yell before breaking down in tears for three seasons straight. ENOUGH.

19. Just watched the last episode of season three. I was as expected. But... where was Elektra??

20. Why is season 3 such absolute fucking garbage? Aside from Elektra's episode it's been shit.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.