Posting Pictures | The Popjustice Forum

Posting Pictures

Discussion in 'Forum business' started by Baby Clyde, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Ever since the changes were made I've found posting pictures really difficult.

Sometimes they work fine but mostly they ended up as attachments which come out tiny and pointless. Clearly I'm doing something wrong but why the change and what is the simple solution??

2. When you insert a picture and picked the "From URL" tab you must also uncheck "Retrieve remote file and reference locally", for it not to become an attachment.

I agree that it would be better if this was unchecked as default. It's nice that you can post pictures as attachments though, since they can only be seen by logged-in members. That's an option that can be good to have.

3. 3Xs

3Xs

Really?! I never knew that. Very useful indeed.

I agree it should be unchecked by default though. 9 times out of 10 the image I'm posting is too large to be attached anyway.

4. I only ever use [​IMG] at each end of the URL so haven't experienced this problem. I did wonder what the attached pics were all about!

5. Thank you Mr Moon, that's very helpful. How on earth is anyone supposed to know that though?

Mr G the picture icon used to that for you automatically. It's very strange that a supposed improvement would make things so unclear.

6. You try it once and then you know?

7. Attachments? How does one get them? Also, am I the only one where "reply to thread" does not work?

8. Maleström

Maleström Guest

Now that you mention it, mine doesn't seem to work either. (I must've been using the Quick Reply box only.)

9. The sass

10. Sassilios

11. I replied to this without reading it properly.

I can untick that box if I'm using the URL but I usually upload a pic from my desktop. If I do that, then this happens.

View attachment 802

How do I make it the rght size? Any ideas?

12. Yeah I'm curious to know how to make it the right size when I've uploaded it.

13. Once the pic is on the page in small thumbnail size, double click it and a menu comes up, one of which is to make it full size. Voila.

View attachment 1022

14. ^ Pure art.

15. I'm not sure what you mean by that.

Once the pic is on the page you can double click but all that does is go to the original pics URL. There's no way to make it big on your post.

What am I missing???

16. Before you 'post' your reply, the thumbnail should appear in the text box, double click it at that point and the edit selection should pop up. Or, go into 'edit post' and do it there.

Elsewhere, I'm confused as I see some people can add more than one photo but I always get a message saying I can only add one image per reply...?

Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
  17. kal

kal

When I'm posting images I just use the forum codes. That way you can post as many as you can. (I think)

It's like this:

[​IMG]

18. But when I do it the thumbnail doesn't appear in the text box.

For example this is what I get...

View attachment 1140

Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
  19. I've only achieved it by adding the picture using the icon rather than [​IMG].

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.