Power Rangers | Page 81 | The Popjustice Forum

Power Rangers

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Mr. Mr., May 7, 2014.

1. Yeah, parents complained about how scary his initial portrayal was, which led to the return of Rita, the whole wedding subplot and a goofier Lord Zedd.

ohaimanabu, steste, Mr.Arroz and 2 others like this.
  2. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Pics are coming!

He and elektroxx like this.
  3. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

4. After starting so promising this Hasbro lighting collection isn't living up to expectations. Particularly with colouring inaccuracies e.g. Dino Thunder White.

ohaimanabu and Mr.Arroz like this.
  5. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

They aren’t getting better

6. I will still try and get my hands on Yellow In Space as I love Ashley. I have the legacy version which is pretty good.

I hope it comes with her Star Slinger weapon.

ohaimanabu likes this.
  7. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

I found the Legacy bodies for the female characters to be so...comic book-y. The males, too, now that I think about it...

8. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

[​IMG]

I'm probably gonna get Zeo Red and MMPR Black, even though I have the Dragon Shield version. I would get Green but he's (possibly) missing the white diamonds on his chest...

9. Can you purchase the movie action figures still at a good price? I'm talking the 1995 movie? I love those costumes.

10. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

I spent like 200 on them boxed last year, I think.

bonnieetclyde likes this.
  11. Could you imagine the response now if they replaced an Asian actress with a Latino one?

Despite the age difference, the mess of Finster giving her a 'beauty cream' to explain the recast.

ohaimanabu and He like this.
  12. To be fair, Carla Perez was actually Filipino, so they replaced stock footage of a Japanese actor with new footage featuring a Filipino actor.

13. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

My last Lightning Collection purchase (until I can finish Zeo and Turbo) just shipped:

Lowkey excited to finally have Zedd, Goldar, Rita, a couple Putties, and now Zordon and Alpha. If anythign, tho the LC can be hit/miss, it's nice to finally have core figures from the most nostalgic part of the franchise for me, MMPR.

johnny_tsunami and Iggypig like this.
  14. Apparently, King Sphinx and Pumpkin Rapper will be released early next year.

https://toynewsi.com/278-37205

Shame they couldn’t get Pumpkin Rapper out for Halloween.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
    Mr.Arroz likes this.
  15. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Damn, my 2-pack arrived today. Zordon is ugly as shit but Alpha is precious!

Iggypig likes this.
  16. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Finally got around to posing them a lil (I'm not a display maker, I just keep them on a floating shelf)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Picked up these too, for a less than $50, I think:

[​IMG]

The only thing now is maybe LC Ninjetti/'95 Movie suits/Turbo/Zeo/Alien figures but I kinda doubt that we'll see any but Zeo soon. The collection isn't perfect but it's the best version of any PR figures we've gotten, and I can definitely appreciate that. Started to realize I like having the figures more so because of the nostalgia and not because the show actually was perfect or anything. It's just nice, like vinyl, to have physical reminders of good shit in our lives.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.