Primavera Festival 2024

This was fun, Troye was easily the highlight for me despite not being a huge fan before. Mamas PJ Harvey and Mitski kinda slayed too. I don't know if I'll go again next year but overall had a great time and it was a mostly friendly chill crowd.

The rain last night absolutely sucked and I hated the aggressive Hi Gay! Primavera is the number one destination for Queers and Sluts! pandering branding all over the place just because they booked a few of the girlies - let's see how you do next year when Lana/Charli/Mitski/Ethel etc aren't around xx

The rain pissed me off so much! It completely killed the mood and kind of made evident that the infrastructure is not that prepared for bad weather, which is unusual, but it was a bummer. They had to shut the Boiler Room stage down because everything was metallic and it posed a risk with the lightning strikes that were occurring.

But overall it was fun, bar service was great, not dangerously crowded either- the worst day being Friday as loads of Lana fans had been camping (???) outside the Fòrum to see her. Which is so wild to me, a festival is a completely different experience.

At times it did feel like there were too many dead moments between sets but oh, well. The Primavera weekend always makes me happy.

Nn we arrived at 23:30 yesterday just in time for SZA and no rain.
I should’ve done that!! We bought raincoats outside, because those dark clouds felt ominous and I’m so glad we did. Some Security guys and volunteers ended up giving out plastic bags as well for people to cover up. We actually confronted one of them who was charging 1€ for them? An asshat.

I loved the rain - mostly. It definitely added to PJ’s set, which was already incredible and had me sobbing out of a Stendhal moment, but hearing Down By The Water with an actual curtain of rain in front of her was unintended genius.

I had fun this year. I was very relaxed since there weren’t any sets I was really excited (manic, usually) about and Beth, Romy, Charli and PJ all gave us glorious concerts.

I enjoyed this year, but I'd more or less decided beforehand that this was my last and I think I'm sticking to that. Pulp, Vampire Weekend, Justice, Troye, Omar and Charli were all great, as was PJ Harvey even though I've never really been a fan. Also need to mention Atarashi Gakko who were my new discovery - they have bops!

SZA I found a bit disappointing - still feel like she's one or two albums away from really owning that kind of headline slot. Lana I'm happy to tick off the list so I never have to be around her fans again - some truly horrendous people in that crowd.

Yeah SZA was dare I say it (sorry mommy) kinda bad? The songs are there for me, its just that the music isn't festival material and also those SpongeBob aesthetics were kinda not it dd.

She/Her/Queen
How was it this year?

Videos I've seen look great, very tempted to return next year
It was amazing babes. DESPITE that last day rain but it stopped towards the end.

I'm considering sorting out my accommodation earlier this year for '25 so I don't have to pay so much despite not knowing the line up yet.

She/Her/Queen
I hated the aggressive Hi Gay! Primavera is the number one destination for Queers and Sluts! pandering branding all over the place just because they booked a few of the girlies - let's see how you do next year when Lana/Charli/Mitski/Ethel etc aren't around xx
I didn't like this either because advertising everything like that severely and yet having that TERF on the main stage was tone deaf. I'm glad they didn't really cover any of her set on socials - maybe someone clocked them?

Yeah it was great. I STILL need to find who voodooed me and I got covid AGAIN. I knew something was up when I was at shows and kept wanting to go back to the hotel (it's not old age!! I think) and the test came Positiva Records (TM) when I got back home.

But yes you can't beat the city + shows combo.

Sam

he/they
I really wanna go again but it would have to be a year when I don’t get tickets for Glasto / they do a fallow year nn

I didn't like this either because advertising everything like that severely and yet having that TERF on the main stage was tone deaf. I'm glad they didn't really cover any of her set on socials - maybe someone clocked them?
She was doubling down on her comments on stage apparently, thanking everyone for standing with her. It's such a shame, because this is one of the few festivals really walking the walk when it comes to inclusion - the Saturday ladies' night and Friday evening's triple bill of queer artists on the main stage (Ethel, Omar, Troye) are things you just wouldn't see anywhere else.

The dates for next year have ruled me out, but I'd be open to going back in future even though I'd been determined to make this one my last.