PSB3: Pet Shop Boys rate, 2006-2019. You're the winner! I'm the winner! What's the winner? | Page 43 | The Popjustice Forum

PSB3: Pet Shop Boys rate, 2006-2019. You're the winner! I'm the winner! What's the winner?

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Ray, Mar 18, 2019.

?

What is your favourite section of this rate?

1. Fundamental

14 vote(s)
    26.9%
  2. Yes

17 vote(s)
    32.7%
  3. Elysium

3 vote(s)
    5.8%
  4. Electric

11 vote(s)
    21.2%
  5. Super

3 vote(s)
    5.8%
  6. Agenda

3 vote(s)
    5.8%
  7. Others

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  8. Christmas

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. I laughed. But, 23AM has some...interesting moments!

2. And the massacre continues...

La Solitudine (even amongst the very small community of late PSB b-sides amateurs).

WhipperSnapper likes this.
  3. I feel bad about tomorrow's departure. Also, just noticed that "Fundamental" is still untouched, and "Elysium" lost a third of the tracks ddddd. "Up and Down" is still in, honestly one of their worst B-sides. Being associated with the "Yes" era does wonders for longevity!

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
    blissteria and WhipperSnapper like this.
  4. It baffles me that "Up And Down" is still in. But this rate is just like PSB2 and PSB1 - there's a real divide between those who like Pop and those who like Art.

5. Ray

Ray

I don't.

And Agenda!

I love it. Well, I 8/10 love it.

The scale of this divide is best shown by the fact that we will not exceed 6 point average until #64! The Kate Bush rate averages were around 10.1 at #64.

6. I keep popping into that rate and then running screaming from the craziness of it all. People rating 13 minute songs on a first listen in the background? I said NO. At least in here the wrongness is easily contained.

slurmjunkie, Ray and Cutlery like this.
  7. You put this so well!

nostalgiakills likes this.
  8. Well, with a run-time of 3:32 you got plenty of it.
    This thing never seems to end and I must admit that I over scored!

Ray likes this.
  9. Happy with this one leaving!

Next b-side out: Blue On Blue please.

Future Lover likes this.
  10. I’ve got one zero left (I think) from Elysium. It really is an awful song.

11. Breathing Space?

Deleted member 16293 likes this.
  12. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cutlery, WhipperSnapper, Ray and 3 others like this.
  13. I love (watching) Art and (listening to) Pop. Leave Up And Down alone, it's a great b-side.

14. and
    Everything Means Something
    and
    Memory Or The Future
    and

Ray likes this.
  15. I keep forgetting this is still in? Wait... Oh right. Nice.

16. 10's, 10's, 10's across the board!

not really, but there are far worse songs still in...

DominoDancing and Ray like this.
  17. Oh wow. I'm actually absolutely fine with all of these leaving...
    [​IMG]
    (This gif has no context. I just love it.)

18. Titles, titles, titles, please!

19. Bad songs still in:

Beautiful People
    Building A Wall
    The King Of Rome
    Pandemonium
    I Started A Joke

Great songs that have gone:

Hold On
    Legacy
    The Way Through The Woods
    Odd Man Out
    Give It A Go

20. Yes, I really like it as well and gave it 9 points.

Judging from your positive comment, your score seems to be upside-down. But I see you addressed this in another post.

I read that, too. If I hadn't, I would have probably given it a 10. While the movie with which she had "arrived" was a commercial success, it was a critical and (I assume) artistic failure.

As I mentioned previously, I'd rather listen to this than half of Subpar. It is a bit repetitive, but so are 'The white dress' and 'The dead can dance', and I like the moody atmosphere of these tracks. That's why it got an 8 from me.
    I wish he had exclusively done so and included a line that ends with "fits" instead of putting the really embarrassing line "as good as it gets" in. That's the only one that briefly interferes with my enjoyment of the track.

It's a shame that 'Numb' and 'Casanova in hell' are still in.

And deservedly so.

I gave 'Upside down' the same score.

Well, you're referring to the person who also participated in the PSB2 rate and scored a lot of songs (with regular pop song length) at the last minute by skipping to the next one after a minute or so.

These actually include two of my 10s.

'Numb', 'Casanova in hell', 'Happiness', 'Inner sanctum', 'Twenty-something', 'Left to my own devices (subpar version)', and 'Gin and Jag'.
    Everything else gets at least a 5 from me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.