Pussycat Dolls in the UK | The Popjustice Forum

Pussycat Dolls in the UK

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by cluelessboy, Jun 20, 2006.

1. Did anyone catch the Pussycat dolls on This Morning this morning? I thought they did a rather fabulous version of Buttons. Loved the break-down. Although am now having complete body crisis over my poolside stomach after seeing Nicole in a midriff bearing top. Should have been at the gym, not watching Fern Britten shouldn't I.

2. "I'm tellin' ya to loosen up my buttons babe, uh huh"
    I love the song. It's all over the music channels along with Rihanna's Unfaithful. Definitely a Top 5 I think.

3. Steve

Steve Guest

When they first came out, I didn't think they'd be half as successful as they have been. I think this is almost a dead-cert for yet another top 5 hit!

4. For a fourth single, it's very strong. The Snoop cameo is extremely unnecessary though.

5. As much as I hate them, Buttons is a rather good song. I heard it aaaages ago as Loosen Up My Buttons (live), way before Dontcha, but the production is better now.

And the video!! If I were a straight, it would have left my sticky I'm sure. As dancers, they're such a tight ensemble. And the chair.... and the FIRE! And Nicole's sultry gaze... mmm yes.

6. Love this single. Is Snoop after some Guiness World Record for pop cameos I've not heard of?

7. I just don't get the Puppy Fat Trolls, despite their admittedly strong singles output.

As a 'group', they're a waste of space and should just leave it up to that Nicole bird.

And they just look so bored all the time. If they get to a second album, it'll be interesting to see if they can continue to keep up the quality of singles.

8. I didn't think Snoop Dogg could degrade himself any further than his duet with Lil' Bow Wow but obviously I've been proven wrong.

9. Are they playing Spearmint Rhino while they're here?

10. The other girls are only there so there something for every type of str8 guy to look at. Nicole is the only who actually sings, the others are just back-ups who are constantly called up in videos to make a 'group'. Nicole is doing a solo album too, and then she'll be back with the back-ups.

11. The whole pussycat dolls thing annoys me....

They admit on their album that Nicole is lead singer and Melody and Carmit are the other two who do singing with the other girls back up vocals... so i don't see peoples problem with the whole 'only nicole sings'

The band would not be so successful without the other girls.  Nicole and Melody (i think) are the only two girls who weren't originally in PCD.  So hence although Nicole sings i don't think she holds all the cards.

And appartenly Melody is meant to be an excellent singer!!! And they are shit hot dancers so it doesn't matter, with nicole being the worst dancer, but she is still good

Rant over....

12. Nicole isn't the worst dancer, Melody is. Melody has never taken a dance class in her life, Nicole is classically trained.

13. This has to be a dead cert #1 - just like BEEP should have been aswell...this band are quite clearly fantastic

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.