Queendom 2 (General Discussion) | The Popjustice Forum

Queendom 2 (General Discussion)

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by Vixen, Mar 14, 2022.

?

Who do you think will win this season of Queendom?

Poll closed May 30, 2022.
  1. LOONA

40.6%
  2. WJSN

23.4%
  3. Kep1er

7.8%
  4. Brave Girls

14.1%
  5. VIVIZ

31.3%
  6. Hyolyn

35.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The program "Queendom 2" is a comeback battle between 6 trending girlgroup acts, in order to "determine the real number one" when all 6 of them release their singles at the same time.

The program will last for 10 weeks, from March 31, 2022, to June 2, 2022. The program features 1 opening performance, 3 preliminary contests and 1 live comeback stage from each act. The Comeback Singles, which are newly produced songs, of the 6 acts will be released on May 27, 2022, at 12:00 (KST). The digital points accumulated for the Comeback Singles and live votes for the comeback stages on the final episode, together with the accumulated points from the 4 preliminary performances, are the keys to determine the final winner.

The winning act will have a comeback show only for them, showing the new song and their other hit songs, arranged however they want it. The comeback show will be broadcasted on Mnet.

This season is hosted by Taeyeon herself.

2. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    LOONA (12 members)
    Kim Lip, Hyunjin, Yves
    Jinsoul, Haseul, Chuu, Choerry, Vivi, Olivia Hye
    Yeojin, Heejin, Go Won

- - -

[​IMG]
    WJSN (10 members)
    Yeonjung, EXY
    Dayoung, Soobin, Luda, Eunseo
    SeolA, Yeoreum
    Not pictured: Bona (conflicting schedule), Dawon (hiatus)

- - -

[​IMG]
    Kep1er (9 members)
    Youngeun, Yujin, Mashiro
    Xioating, Dayeon, Chaehyun, Babiyyh
    Yeseo, Hikaru

- - -

[​IMG]
    Brave Girls (4 members)
    Yuna, Yujeong, Eunji, Minyoung

- - -

[​IMG]
    VIVIZ (3 members)
    SinB, Umji, Eunha

- - -

[​IMG]
    Hyolyn (...1 member dd)

Last edited: Mar 14, 2022
  3. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (This is strictly speculation, based on how previous seasons went, and the little we know from the first recording of February 28. Please take this with a grain of salt...or a whole bucket, actually.)
    • The overall final ranking of the show is based on the following criteria:
      1. One opening performance (points tally unknown at this instant)
      2. Three preliminary contests (points tally unknown at this instant)
      3. Digital points of the Comeback Singles calculated from the time of release till June 02, 2022 23:59 (KST) (points tally unknown at this instant)
      4. Finale live comeback stages votes (points tally unknown at this instant)

• In the first season of Queendom, for each of the preliminary performances, if one act gets 6th place twice in a row, they would have to step down from the show. This is also named the "Dishonored Step Down" (불명예 하차). It never happened in the past, and it's likely Mnet would rig the show to avoid this would ever happen. It's there for drama only.
    • This is how the points are speculated to be distributed:
      • Self-evaluation points
      • Experts' voting
      • Live-audience vote (10%)
      • Global voting (Whosfan app)
      • Performance video viewcount

Opening Performance (Episode 1)

The 6 acts perform a 100-seconds long performance of any song(s) of their choice, instrumental or not.

1st Preliminary Contest - Representative Hit Song (Episode 1 & 2)
    The 6 acts each perform one (or two) of their representative hit songs, that is rearranged and different from their usual stages of the songs.

2nd Preliminary Contest - Cover Song (Episode 3 & 4)

The 6 acts each perform a song from a fellow Queendom act, and is rearranged into a different style. The songs are usually "exchanged" in pairs (A will cover B, and B will cover A. Then, C will cover D, and D will cover C. etc)

( Episodes 5 & 6 are fluff, entertainment stuff from all 6 acts - usually a 'retreat' of sort where they bond with eachother )

3rd Preliminary Contest - Unit Performances (Episode 7, 8 & 9)
    Part 1: Unit Round — The 6 acts will send main vocal(s) and main dancer(s), to form vocal units and performance units and compete against one another. The format varied between Queendom and Kingdom, so I can't speculate too much how this season will tackle this round. There's a possibility of a rap round, but overall the acts aren't skilled enough in that department, so doubtful.

Part 2: Fan-dora's Box — The 6 acts will each perform a song suggested by their fans. It can be a b-side or a titletrack.

Finale Live Comeback Stages (Episode 10)
    The 6 acts will each perform a newly produced song live on the final episode.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2022

4. +1
    I mean, just in case, why not ddd

5. +2

6. +3

You can post, though now! x

7. Well, I've never watched any of these shows but, given the line-up, I'm perched for this. Do we know if it'll be possible to watch as it airs with English subtitles?

8. You should! Queendom was fun, and honestly...Kingdom was also surprisingly endearing, even if a little sterile at times.

I don't believe so, although if I'm not mistaken, Mnet was allowing Viki Rakuten to stream Kingdom for free. You only needed to have a (free) account there and you could watch Kingdom subtitled one or two days after the broadcast. I imagine it will be the same this time around...

Otherwise, I believe pretty much every odd website with subtitled Korean TV shows (Kshow123, etc) should have it within 1-4 days after broadcast..........I think.

9. I am officially rooting for VIVIZ but I look forward to a healthy and friendly cheering atmosphere and camaraderie!

[​IMG]

PopZeitgeist, R92, Wills and 5 others like this.
  10. I voted for LOONA because i'm a loonatic and i'm used to being disappointed so why not? But also, I love just about everyone on this show so i'm kinda just going to enjoy the ride and exposure for all these queens.

11. It’s in MNET’s best interests for Kep1er to win.

It’ll be more interesting to see who the Lovelyz of the season will be…

ultraviolet and Vixen like this.
  12. I allowed three votes for the poll by the way, mainly because I knew people would be conflicted between their own favorites and who they think might win realistically.

[​IMG]

For example, I've seen a lot of people assuming Kep1er have no chance of winning, but if Performance Streaming and Global Votes take a big portion of the voting system like it did for Kingdom, then usually the act with the biggest international fandom and streaming power wins... and well that would be Kep1er with the current line-up dddd.

But we'll see. It's going to be interesting to see just how many people tune in, both internationally and domestically, and how much weight each fandom is given in the point system (live-audience vote confirmed to be only 10% is not boding well for domestic representation ddd).

13. Having a soloist compete against a bunch of groups definitely is a weird choice. Surely it's going to limit the kinds of tasks and whatnot they're required to do, because everything has to be doable by a single person.

ultraviolet and Vixen like this.
  14. Yeah but she is at least four times better than the others.

R92, McQueer, Wills and 8 others like this.
  15. He

He

I think it’s mostly unfair for all the groups to compete against Hyolin. She outclasses them in every category and has the Sistar catalogue.

Though I am really hoping this helps LOONA’s profile.

McQueer, Mikl C, Salami and 3 others like this.
  16. He

He

I also hope there’s no Lovelyz debacle and all groups take something positive career wise (or make friends ddd).

17. The way Hyolyn probably would do the dance & singing sub-units on her own by choice.

When Bom did it, she had Eunji of Brave Girls step in for the dance unit, so maybe Hyolyn could have someone do that too.

Salami, R92, Wills and 6 others like this.
  18. He

He

Hyolin to send Bora to the dance team.

19. If I'm allowed to contribute to @Vixen's speculations, here are some things I have been thinking about:

The first three episodes are probably going to be a tad predictable in terms of which songs they pick, but I'm really curious to see if VIVIZ are allowed to use GFriend tracks - I tend to believe they are, since they would sing BOP BOP! on the first episode... and then a b-side? I don't know, it doesn't make much sense. So I will plant the seed of BOP BOP! being their intro song and then we get some sort of Rough/Navillera/Mago mashup from them. My nipples are hard. What I'm most intrigued about however is the cover round.
    • On one side there's Hyolyn and to a certain extent the Brave Girls who have a relatively more mature image, so I'm inclined to think they could be paired up. Good luck to Brave Girls with the choreo though! I honestly can't see any other act covering Hyolyn/SISTAR's big singles, just imagine LOONA doing Touch My Body ffff. What to expect: Hyolyn dancing Rollin' on top of the chair, or maybe Chi Mat Ba Ram or any of BG's summery songs, and Brave Girls doing Alone is basically low hanging fruit. Brave Brothers have a lot to answer for.
    • Speaking of LOONA, the amount of people on their group and in WJSN might lead them to be combined too. If we think in a logical, conceptual way, we should see WJSN doing Butterfly and LOONA doing Secret.
    • And that leaves... Viviz and Kep1er. It makes sense that they are both theorically rookie groups with theorically one title track each. Whatever Kep1er is bringing to the table, whether it is completely new stuff or covers of IZ*ONE tracks, is a complete mystery. Good luck to my girls, I guess! And even better luck to whoever gets to sing any of GFriends title tracks live... having debuted literally months ago. This shall be an entertaining trainwreck.
    Now this is of course 100% fanfiction and we might as well be watching VIVIZ covering One More Day (feat. Giorgio Moroder) and Hyolyn smashing a hip-hop version of Me Gustas Tu. Who knows! I'm so excited!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 15, 2022
  20. First contest/broadcast (presumably Opening performance with music show winning songs) has already been recorded. Do you want the spoilers regading the song choices or... dddd

Speaking of... What's the general consensus around here in terms of spoilers? My take on it is to use the spoiler tags just so that people who don't want to experience them can avoid them, but beyond that, I don't really see an issue with them being posted and discussed in here dddd

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.