Queer As Folk

I am a bad community member and I’ve never seen any episode of either previous iteration of the show, but I just worked my way through the new one.
Please tell me I’m not the only one who found Mingus to be absolutely insufferable?
I just may not be a very observant viewer but it bugs me when things come out of nowhere. Had Brodie ever once expressed even an inkling of attraction toward Ruthie? Are we to assume this has been simmering under the surface since the night they didn’t go to prom?
The Hacks/White Lotus crossover event (so to speak) was a brief moment of joy.
By the end, the only ones I cared anything about were Julian and Noah… and if they get another season, please find a way to bring the Nyle Dimarco character back for my own joy. Lastly Ali is not just a dreamboat, he’s like a dreamoceanliner or something.

I watched the first episode of the new season today. Didn’t enjoy it at all, so doubt I will watch any other episodes.

This is definitely getting canceled isn't it?

I hated Brodie as the season went on. He's toxic. Him and Ruthie randomly ending up together is just poor writing.

Its only saving grace is of course Kim Cattrall. I would watch a second season of just her with Juliette Lewis because - both icons duh.

Juliette was unfortunately wasted in this, but she had just finished shooting the first season of Yellowjackets. I was honestly shocked she got attached to QaF so soon.

I also liked Noah and Julian together. But yeah, I wouldn't be upset if this doesn't come back.

Ok, I just finished this and it was better than I expected from the trailer, but there’s some serious room for improvement if it goes forward. The writing overall left a lot to be desired. I liked the nods to past iterations and how some characters are obvious duplicates while others are a blend of different people before. But they really could have benefited from a bit more originality. I’d love to see more of Brenda, Judy, and Bussey. Even Marvin, Ali, Noah, and Julian were more intriguing than Brodie and Mingus.

They couldn’t have had very high expectations to dump it on Peacock like they did so the numbers must have been bad. I thought it had potential so this sucks but at least I don’t have to see Mingus again on TV!

I couldn’t watch more than 2 episodes so I’m not surprised it was cancelled.

Doubt they will ever reboot this again?

Last edited:
Kim Cattrall was so good in it. I’d welcome a spin off from her character.

But I’m sure Peacock will soon be cancelled too.

I started the original US run the week of Thanksgiving and I'm finally onto the middle of S2 and wow, why did it take me so long to watch it?

I feel so old.

I remember being on the bus with my older sister (and her mate) and they were talking about watching it and giggling about something and I told them I watched an episode... the look I got.

Watching it back now it's so wrong that Nathan was fifteen and Stuart almost wanted to fuck him more because of that.

Watching it back now it's so wrong that Nathan was fifteen and Stuart almost wanted to fuck him more because of that.

Yeah that's probably the one thing about the show that is problematic, which after two and a half decades isn't bad going. On the other hand, Stuart gets criticised relentlessly in the show from his friends about it and the storyline of the series deconstructs Stuart for his self-interest - he's not a nice person, although in real life he'd probably be in jail now. I've never quite bought the scene in QAF2 where Nathan's mum seems proud to show off to Stuart's mum though, even if Hazel quickly realises that it's icky.

Easily avoided and would have changed nothing about his circumstances if they had just made him 17 and cut the lines where Stuart is proud of himself for "copping off" with him; and I think Russell T Davies would be the first one to say so, even if there is an uncomfortable truthfulness to the story. I certainly know of 15 years olds who slept with older men when I was a teenager.

Yeah that's probably the one thing about the show that is problematic, which after two and a half decades isn't bad going. On the other hand, Stuart gets criticised relentlessly in the show from his friends about it and the storyline of the series deconstructs Stuart for his self-interest - he's not a nice person, although in real life he'd probably be in jail now. I've never quite bought the scene in QAF2 where Nathan's mum seems proud to show off to Stuart's mum though, even if Hazel quickly realises that it's icky.

Easily avoided and would have changed nothing about his circumstances if they had just made him 17 and cut the lines where Stuart is proud of himself for "copping off" with him; and I think Russell T Davies would be the first one to say so, even if there is an uncomfortable truthfulness to the story. I certainly know of 15 years olds who slept with older men when I was a teenager.

Yeah I can't remember the exact wording but for me it's the scene where Stuart asks him how old he is, Nathan hesitates and says he's 18 but then Stuart pushes and asks "how old are you, really?" and he grins when Nathan says "15".

I watch it now and cringe, it's insane that turned me on so much when I was a pre-teen!