Queer As Folk | Page 7 | The Popjustice Forum

Queer As Folk

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Blayke, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Screaming at Brenda in the final episode, Kim Cattrall is so great in this!

Quimogen, tastic and GimmeWork like this.
  2. I am a bad community member and I’ve never seen any episode of either previous iteration of the show, but I just worked my way through the new one.
    Please tell me I’m not the only one who found Mingus to be absolutely insufferable?
    I just may not be a very observant viewer but it bugs me when things come out of nowhere. Had Brodie ever once expressed even an inkling of attraction toward Ruthie? Are we to assume this has been simmering under the surface since the night they didn’t go to prom?
    The Hacks/White Lotus crossover event (so to speak) was a brief moment of joy.
    By the end, the only ones I cared anything about were Julian and Noah… and if they get another season, please find a way to bring the Nyle Dimarco character back for my own joy. Lastly Ali is not just a dreamboat, he’s like a dreamoceanliner or something.

GimmeWork and Jamie like this.
  3. This show is such a fucking waste of potential.

popzone, tastic, Juango and 2 others like this.
  4. I watched the first episode of the new season today. Didn’t enjoy it at all, so doubt I will watch any other episodes.

5. Honestly it gets WORSE. I was loathe watching by the end.

popzone, tastic and Juango like this.
  6. I forgot this even happened. It really made no noise whatsoever.

7. This is definitely getting canceled isn't it?

I hated Brodie as the season went on. He's toxic. Him and Ruthie randomly ending up together is just poor writing.

Its only saving grace is of course Kim Cattrall. I would watch a second season of just her with Juliette Lewis because - both icons duh.

Juliette was unfortunately wasted in this, but she had just finished shooting the first season of Yellowjackets. I was honestly shocked she got attached to QaF so soon.

I also liked Noah and Julian together. But yeah, I wouldn't be upset if this doesn't come back.

Quimogen likes this.
  8. Ok, I just finished this and it was better than I expected from the trailer, but there’s some serious room for improvement if it goes forward. The writing overall left a lot to be desired. I liked the nods to past iterations and how some characters are obvious duplicates while others are a blend of different people before. But they really could have benefited from a bit more originality. I’d love to see more of Brenda, Judy, and Bussey. Even Marvin, Ali, Noah, and Julian were more intriguing than Brodie and Mingus.

tastic likes this.
  9. Popjustice!

10. They couldn’t have had very high expectations to dump it on Peacock like they did so the numbers must have been bad. I thought it had potential so this sucks but at least I don’t have to see Mingus again on TV!

WowWowWowWow and Quimogen like this.
  11. I couldn’t watch more than 2 episodes so I’m not surprised it was cancelled.

Doubt they will ever reboot this again?

Last edited: Sep 25, 2022
  12. Kim Cattrall was so good in it. I’d welcome a spin off from her character.

But I’m sure Peacock will soon be cancelled too.

13. Well... it's rumoured Universal will be buying Warner Bros from Discovery in 2024... so will likely be disappearing around that time.

14. I just gave this a try and holy crap it’s so bad.

15. I started the original US run the week of Thanksgiving and I'm finally onto the middle of S2 and wow, why did it take me so long to watch it?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.