Queer Eye | Page 6 | The Popjustice Forum

Queer Eye

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Bobbyrae, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
    WowWowWowWow likes this.
  2. WowWowWowWow likes this.
  3. He

He

I'm sad the grandpa is not with his ex nowadays. Though that date at the end was a bit too staged, I still loved it. He was such a sweet man.

WowWowWowWow likes this.
  4. "France’s religion is a talking point on the new show, both on- and offscreen. He and the first episode’s makeover subject, Tom, a grizzly older man from the South, had an interesting exchange that didn’t make the final cut but was significant to France.

“We were talking, and he said something derogatory about Muslims,” says France. “And I said, ‘Let me tell you, you’ve been sitting with a Muslim for the last two hours on this car ride.’ And he was like, ‘Are you a terrorist?’ He didn’t mean it in a derogatory way, he just didn’t have any exposure to people that came from my background. So I took my time to explain.”

On their last day of filming, Tom gave France a yellow rose to symbolize friendship. “He said, ‘What I said to you wasn’t meant to be mean — I just didn’t know the kind of things I can ask you. I want you to know that you are my friend and you are always welcome in my home.’” says France. “Those experiences really made the show important for me."

(https://nypost.com/2018/02/21/how-a-muslim-immigrant-became-the-breakout-queer-eye-star/)

5. Tom really is amazing, I loved how open he was to everything.

I can't help but feel cynical about AJ though. He's hot, has a hot boyfriend, great friends and great (if messy) apartment. He basically got a beard trim and some better fitting clothes, and sold his apartment immediately. It's like he did the show just for the apartment renovation.

6. He

He

He sold his apartment? Scream!

His coming out was cute though.

WowWowWowWow, Monkey0 and Vasilios like this.
  7. Sam

Sam

I just cried my eyes out at AJ coming out, fucking hell.

I think I love Jonathan.

WowWowWowWow likes this.
  8. I was more affected by episode 6 (which I watched last night) than I was by episode 4.

WowWowWowWow likes this.
  9. The only off episode is the one with the comedian for me. They were uncharacteristically catty about him when they weren't actually with him.

sugarcoma, WowWowWowWow and New Flame like this.
  10. LTG

LTG

11. He

He

I squealed!

WowWowWowWow likes this.
  12. I don't think they're gonna last y'all.

WowWowWowWow likes this.
  13. And when we go crashing down, we come back every time

14. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Ddddd I knew Karamo looked familiar. He was on The Real World: Philadelphia in 2004

[​IMG]

I had just come out in 2003/2004, so to see a show with out Black and Latinx men was...mindblowing. It's crazy seeing how far he's come, especially since the original Queer Eye was airing at the same time!

P Grandson, constantino, LTG and 11 others like this.
  15. Was it? The step-mom was a bit 'great gays, beautiful gays'.

Jamie, Suburbia and WowWowWowWow like this.
  16. I love S Club 7

17. He

He

I mean, they didn't seem to communicate very well, but they seemed supportive of each other.

WowWowWowWow likes this.
  18. I knew this would happen, but I couldn't stop myself. Absolutely burned my way through this in like, 48 hours. So good. The casting for the Fab Five was perfect - I love them all. Karamo and Antoni are just too attractive for me to cope with, and I fucking adore Jonathan. Plus, I now have serious jacket/blazer envy from them all.

And yeah, I think it's really nice that they all seem genuinely close outside of the show. I have an odd compulsion to start greeting my friends with cheek kisses.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
  19. [​IMG]

constantino, Jwentz, Jamie and 15 others like this.
  20. Plus I was always like: you dont want to show that you have a hot muscular body because only gay men have such a body? How about not working it out?

Andrew.L and WowWowWowWow like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.