Queer Music Discoveries! | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

Queer Music Discoveries!

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Trouble in Paradise, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Since @LE0Night seems to have left us, it’s my duty to promo one of his new artists.

2. invertedbutterfly

invertedbutterfly Staff Member

It's possible someone might have been as much under a rock as me, for whom Romaplasm was the first time the'd noticed the lovely Baths:

3. This has literally become my favourite album of the year.

4. Yes, yes and YES! I'm seeing him live in this tiny venue here in Belgium in a couple of weeks and I couldn't be more exited. That album truly is one of the best releases of this year.

5. [​IMG]

Don't hang up the phone, ma'am, I'm not dead yet.
    A long (long (long (long (long))))-standing mental condition flared up pretty badly a few months ago and I hit the wall kinda hard, I had to put everything on pause for a bit. I'm currently in recovery and I'm doing just fine. I won't be around as much as I used to but I'm not going anywhere.

[​IMG]

I'll be around.

Stream lesbians.

^
    (Catch me making a thread for this one when her album's announced. Phenomenal song,)

[​IMG]

6. @LE0Night !!!!! I missed you so much. Hope you can still pop in from time to time to stan the gays. Also because I need your Tegan and Sara feelings.

7. @LE0Night, be well, take care of yourself! Great taste, beautiful taste.

8. I will start with this ones. Jessi blue's album is one of the best from this year (think Sophie Meiers + Clairo).

9. Nice and theatrical Belgian bops:

10. "Art School Girlfriend" ? I want to stan based on that name alone.

Also:

11. One of my go to artists to listen to during the fall is Foxes in Fiction (Warren Hildebrand), who makes lo-fi moody/melancholic pop tunes:

^This one is from his most recent album "Trillium Killer" out in a couple weeks (October 18th).

^This is one of my favorite tracks from his previous album, "Ontario Gothic," which is an album that was created to channel his sadness after his brother died in 2008.

12. Two more artists to throw in here:

13. I organise an LGBTQ mini-vote on a Eurovision message board each year, and just put together the 2019 edition:
    01 ZACHARY - Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!
    02 MUNA - Stayaway
    03 Miss Benny - That's My Man
    04 girl in red - girls
    05 Todrick Hall - I Like Boys
    06 Josef Salvat - modern anxiety
    07 Shea Diamond - American Pie
    08 Cassandre - Respire
    09 Nakhane - New Brighton (feat. ANOHNI)
    10 Ames - Mama It's Me
    11 MERLOT - Sunrise
    12 Luis Gamarra - No Siento Más
    13 Ah-Mer-Ah-Su - Meg Ryan
    14 LIE NING - tonight
    15 Fiorious - Future Romance
    YT playlist
    Spotify playlist
    mp3s

14. She's kind of mellow, but SuperKnova's album is nice to put on once in a while.

15. I am obsessed. That deep voice coupled with a pulsating Style-inspired beat.

16. And the falsetto! Don't forget the falsetto!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.