Queer Music Discoveries! | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

Queer Music Discoveries!

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Trouble in Paradise, Sep 21, 2019.

1. [​IMG]

2. Trouble in Paradise and Verandi like this.

3. BTW If you haven't, watch 'Veneno' on HBO Max.

4. I just learned today that Roddy Bottum (Faith No More, Imperial Teen) started recording music with his boyfriend during the Covid lockdown. They’re called MAN ON MAN.

The boyfriend’s name is Joey Holman. Apparently he used to be in a Christian rock band.

5. I made a thread for her but I wanted to also post this new one from Ethel Cain here as I've been absolutely obsessed. There's some obvious Avril influence here but put through the lens of a late evening drive down the coast.

6. She's fantastic, I found her when she was going by White Silas and the music was more satanic chamber-folk.

Jonathan27 likes this.
    pdf and andymc35 like this.
  8. If you haven't yet, take 3 minutes to watch this Big Pop Gay music video!

9. Just stumbled upon this up-and-coming artist from the Philippines.

English subtitles are available.

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  10. A drag queen I follow pointed out that while Nas has been getting a lot of attention, there was a black gay rapper years prior who makes good music and because of the times, was really underrated. But he did release a good chunk of music, got to perform on Letterman. He tweeted a few weeks ago how he wanted to release more music sometime but then he deleted his twitter and is only on instagram now so not sure what happened there buuut

His music slaps though.

11. Metteson from Norway.

frkeske likes this.
    frkeske likes this.
  13. Metteson, whose music video is linked above, has a new EP out, called Convince Me. It is great! A reviewer in a Norwegian newspaper wrote that Metteson is taking on the legacy of Robyn. I find myself replaying the EP multiple times in a row.

Untouchable Ace and saintsigurd like this.

14. This is cute to me. Queer duo from Belgium. Kind of make music with a mix of pop and electronic dance.
    And the singer is a cute twink so can't go wrong with that.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.