Queer Music Discoveries!

A rather NSFW tune for all the pop-punk bottoms.

I remember hearing this on tiktok a couple months ago. I think the artist had only made like the first half of the song though, kind of as a joke, and then people were like "wait but this should be a whole song".

I discovered Semler through Katie Pruitt's Instagram account. I appreciate the lyrics of "Late Bloomer". This is categorized as gospel music. I have not listened to gospel music frequently so I don't know how the EP compares to the genre but I like that particular song so I thought I would share it here.

Yesterday the artist Beharie released his new single "Simple Mistake", got a 6 out of 6 rating in a Norwegian newspaper and was rewarded with a Norwegian Grammy in the category Soul&R'n'B for his release from last year. In his speech he publicly announced that it's now 50 years since the decriminalisation of homosexuality in Norway and he dedicated the award to the heroes who fought for his and their right to be themselves. The 50th anniversary was on Thursday April 21st. It was a moving moment to watch his speech on the TV, I still get tears in my eyes when I think about it.