Quentin Tarantino's Once Upon a Time In Hollywood | Page 7 | The Popjustice Forum

Quentin Tarantino's Once Upon a Time In Hollywood

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by VicePresidentJocasta, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Is there any Brad or Leo feet?

Phloo, ZombieJam and Tiffany Pollard like this.
  2. No.

1. Jackie Brown
    2. Pulp Fiction
    3. Kill Bill
    4. Kill Bill Vol 2
    5. Once Upon A Time...In Hollywood
    6. Reservoir Dogs

The rest.

3. The film needed a good editor. Too much footage of people doing random shit. The film overall is alright but certainly not one of his best. It has good scenes. As a whole it’s a bit of a mess.

4. She barely speaks, period.

She was miscast, in my humble opinion.

LP likes this.
  5. Yes, Sally is greatly missed on his recent projects.

6. He gets it wrong a lot but when he gets it right, Tarantino's female leads really are the best of his films; The Bride, Shoshanna, Jackie Brown etc. So it's a shame Margot's character isn't really significant.

I enjoyed the ladies of Death Proof too to be honest.

Meathook and kermit_the_frog like this.
  7. I really enjoyed the movie, especially that ending -- wow. I can't help but think that Tarantino should've fully committed to a thriller/slasher about the Manson murders though instead of it being... not the film's full focus. Something had to have happened behind the scenes because Brad was initially cast as an investigator and J. Law was initially cast as a female lead, not Sharon Tate

Meathook and Phloo like this.
  8. Uno

Uno

Death Proof is underrated in terms of his filmography. I absolutely love it.

9. Tea.

10. I'd like to go see this but I get so uncomfortable sat down for any longer than 2 hours.

11. Okay, I'm just back, and I made it through the last three weeks without seeing any spoilers or careless social media likes

except for one media outlet running a story with the headline "are we okay with showing violence directed at the Manson family?" or something along the likes of that. Which isn't really a spoiler because of course there would be some violent scenes, but it kind of made a thing out of it, so I knew to expect it, rather than anticipate the chance of it happening.

I liked it, but I didn't love it. I'm gonna watch it again after the weekend is done, see how I feel.

it was nice to hang with the characters, but it never really felt like the film was going anywhere fast, then there was the dread of the Spahn ranch, and all of a sudden the final action scene and then The End. I couldn't help but feel "that was it?". It *was* funny though.

Bruno Ferreira likes this.
  12. I found this to be a load of tiresome shit that went nowhere, quite honestly. I haven't genuinely LIKED one of his films, without major caveats, since Inglourious Basterds.

Meathook, LP, Joe. and 2 others like this.
  13. The running time puts me off to be honest.

14. I don't care about running times in the slightest, as long as they're justified. A good hour of this film (and that's a conservative estimate) has no reason to exist whatsoever.

LP, Bruno Ferreira and Mikl C like this.
  15. It's one of my faves.

16. For me this film just felt completely pointless.

Meathook, beautifulmorning and Mikl C like this.
  17. Finally saw this yesterday, and I hated it. I didn't care enough about any of these characters to watch them just exist for 3 hours. I was also immensely frustrated by the twist at the end...almost as much as the one at the end of the trash Hilary Duff Sharon Tate film.

Meathook, LP, Bruno Ferreira and 2 others like this.
  18. I... don't get it. I thought it was absolute garbage.

Meathook and #teamdodd! like this.
  19. Boring film except for that wonderful actress at the end
    the one who was screaming in the pool

Who was She? None of the cast lists make it clear at all.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.