QUIRKY POP RATE | #29: "Not quite Calum Scott’s Dancing On My Own cover-level rancid" | Page 147 | The Popjustice Forum

QUIRKY POP RATE | #29: "Not quite Calum Scott’s Dancing On My Own cover-level rancid"

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by soratami, Apr 3, 2020.

1. I cannot at Summertime Sadness making the top 30.

2. These are the ten songs that I hope that we lose before the Top 20:

soratami likes this.
  3. The first song to fall in the top 30 will be

by an artist who hasn't lost any of their songs recently.

5. It's not gonna happen.

soratami likes this.
  6. It's gonna be La Roux isn't it?

7. That would be perfect.

8. [​IMG]

9. [​IMG]

EDIT:
    Okay thank god.

10. I refuse to think that it's Natalia.

berserkboi, Pineapple and soratami like this.

He was chasing paper, caught up in the game, that was the last I heard

Blue Jeans

Born To Die 5/6
    10 (19) @Sprockrooster @eatyourself @Phonetics Boy @dontkillmyvibe soratami @m_dimitrov @constantino @sfmartin @tylerc904 @Remyky22 @Sail On @Trouble in Paradise @sapnu puas @Dijah. @Verandi @slaybellz @godspeed @Gabeee9292 @Remorque | 9.5 @DJHazey @Fuchsia @Hurricane Drunk @Stradiwhovius @elektroxx @Music Is Life @Lost Boy
    4.4 @Untouchable Ace | 5 @vague | 5.5 @Sleet

Leaderboard trajectory:
    5: #5 (9.7)
    10: #15 (9.25)
    15: #14 (9.067)
    20: #23 (8.625)
    25: #22 (8.61)
    30: #23 (8.658)
    35: #20 (8.707)
    40: #21 (8.706)
    45: #21 (8.721)
    50: #25 (8.649)
    55: #31 (8.497)
    60: #32 (8.539)
    65: #30 (8.567)
    67: #30 (8.58)

Blue Jeans was written by Lana, Dan Heath and Emile Haynie, who also produced it. It was released as the third single from Born To Die, and was quite a big hit in Europe, going top 10 in several countries. I'll just leave it at this as it's really late and I'm almost falling asleep, but I didn't want to miss a day, since I have managed not to so far nn

@Untouchable Ace (4.4): "Look, I just don't like her voice and singing style. Her Americana aesthetic does the oppostite of appealing to me as well."

@Epic Chocolat (7): "I prefer this song remixed because I enjoy the contrast of her indolent voice with an energetic dance beat."

@berserkboi (7.2): "I remember some people going gaga over this but it was never truly a huge favourite!"

@Kyle. (8): "The string really do things for me on this and how they switch into that beat. A really fantastic pop song."

@Runawaywithme (8): "I just love all of the guitars in this and the slightly more gritty side it has to the production, while still being very much a part of Lana’s dramatic and dynamic sonic landscape. It’s not my favourite Born To Die single and probably not in my top list of Lana songs by any means, but I still really enjoy it whenever it comes on."

@R27 (8.75): "Still one of her best bridges. In a few lines she paints the tale of an entire toxic and doomed relationship and sounds utterly devastated while signing it."

@pop3blow2 (9): "Another slice of hazy summer nostalgia. Like Britney Spears filtered through Twin Peaks. I can get on board with that."

@Maki (9.5): "This is gorgeous, but the chorus is what shines the most, leaving the verses a bit underhwelming. Lana really is incredible with these melancholic songs."

@Phonetics Boy (10): Should have stayed at the bottom of the pool lol

@Dijah (10): "I was fourteen years old the first time I heard “you were fresh to death and sick as ca-cancer” and I still haven’t recovered."

@godspeed (10): "I'll go down to my grave being convinced that "You were sorta punk rock, I grew up on hip hop/But you fit me better than my favorite sweater" are some of the cleverest lyrics ever written."

@Verandi (10): "That's how you do a middle-8"

@constantino (10): "Unpopular opinion but this is on-par with Video Games for me, such an immaculate ballad."

@Trouble in Paradise (10): "I adore “Blue Jeans” but I just need to give a shout out to that SNL performance cause I FUCKING LOVE IT! It’s wild! What did she think she was doing?! Who cares! She did THAT. I know it caused her a lot of flack and changed more or less the whole course of her career but 1. Look at where she is now and the ART we’re getting thanks to her swerving the mainstream. And 2. That performance is messy gay heaven. She’s playing the aesthetic so straight while just making everyone so uncomfortable. No one gets it cause is there something to get?! Ugh I feel like my intensely homosexual love of this performance cannot be conveyed virtually. I promise this is not an ironic love or a “laughing at” love, this is pure unadulterated homosexual man adore white woman doing what she pleases as it makes a bunch of straight laced white people feel WEIRD."

12. Reading my commentary knowing that she’s now a blocked artist in my Spotify is 100x worse than this song getting eliminated

13. Now this is gone, pretty much all of Lana’s section got perfect scores from me - but they can all feel free to exit in a row!

14. Look at what just happened.

soratami and berserkboi like this.
  15. In part 2 I'm pretty sure Lana won't be so lucky and that you're doing Diana dirt again

soratami and berserkboi like this.
  16. I know Lana is a clown but jesus christ that was one hell of a debut.

17. I am disgusted. Blue Jeans is the definition of a classic.

soratami likes this.
  18. I'm pretty sure Lana has been evicted from part 2. Ultraviolence would have had one of my highest album averages I recon. Thanks for ruining one of my favourite albums, Lana.

19. Before Summertime Sadness? Seriously? I will be writing a strongly worded email to whatever cosmic entity put me in this timeline. Blimey.

20. You better write to those who gave it a score under 9.

soratami likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.