♥ Quirky Pop Rate: Sophomore | Album rankings/stats & poll results | Page 150 | The Popjustice Forum

♥ Quirky Pop Rate: Sophomore | Album rankings/stats & poll results

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by soratami, Jan 11, 2021.

1. It wasn't intentional at all, but I love how so many of these Side B songs have artwork that's either black and white or has very soft colours, it goes perfectly with the light grey text in those eliminations.

2. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Good.

[​IMG]

3. ‘Champagne Kisses’ is not better than ‘Tough Love’ but you do you, bebs. x

4. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

The superior Tough Love:

(The forum did this so wrong in the 20GayTeen rate.)

5. Love you for this @londonrain !

The rest of you:
    [​IMG]
    Thanks to us - Side B should be represented in the next Winners Rate xx

6. I mentioned the next elimination was going to be an artist's first or last song, so is it going to be

Body Talk
    Boom Clap
    Champagne Kisses
    Disparate Youth
    Music To Make Boys Cry
    Saturday Night
    Strangers
    or a Lorde song?

7. All I know is I hope it's not one of my 3 10's on that list. Would be happy for Lorde to lose one.

8. I hope it’s not a Lorde song because I still haven’t written my replacement commentary.

(I didn’t know how these things worked ddd.)

soratami likes this.
  9. Definitely a couple songs that could have gone before this, but happy she made it this far.

10. I love Jillian Banks, but "Gemini Feed" isn't even in my Top 10 favorite Banks songs, tbh.

This is her best song, imo.

I'd like to see Lorde finally lose something, preferably "Supercut," but I wouldn't mind saying goodbye to Diana Vickers at this point.

soratami and slaybellz like this.
  11. I absolutely adore cool girl. I agree it should have been much bigger.

soratami and saviodxl like this.
  12. R27

R27

I'd be fine with getting rid of Diana. Music to Make Boys Cry is an 8 in a see of mostly better songs.

I also don't wanna see mention of Supercut again until we at the top 5.

13. Also, can we please get rid of "This Kiss"? It's become this rate's "Mowgli's Road" for me.

14. Of course I like Banks when Sohn is behind her sound.
    'Artifice' is divine.

15. SOHN is so underrated, tbh.

16. New soundtrack from Natalia Kills & Rick Ross came out this week, No Bark When I Bite.

17. Natalia is one of the main rate artists I least expected would release any new music while the rate is running, but here we are. This is pretty different for her, but it's quite nice. Hopefully we'll get more new music in the near future.

18. Ironic when Natalia will be leaving the rate in the next elimination (jk).

Last edited: May 2, 2021
  19. [​IMG]

20. I honestly wouldn't mind it nn.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.