♥ Quirky Pop Rate: Sophomore | Album rankings/stats & poll results | Page 163 | The Popjustice Forum

♥ Quirky Pop Rate: Sophomore | Album rankings/stats & poll results

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by soratami, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Ideal Top 10:

Only If For A Night
    Shake It Out
    What The Water Gave Me
    Spectrum
    5 AM
    Champagne Kisses
    Green Light
    Sober
    Supercut
    Perfect Places

2. 1. What song will be eliminated next?
    I fear for Jessie & Flo but hope it'll be Diana!
    2. What song should be eliminated next?
    Saturday Night
    3. What song should still be here?
    Let Me Down Gently
    4. What's your ideal top 10?

I know it's delusional but I'd love to see a nice mix of artists alongside the rate queens!

Only If For A Night
    Shake It Out
    What The Water Gave Me
    Disparate Youth
    Primadonna
    Q.U.E.E.N. (feat. Erykah Badu)
    Crying for No Reason
    Champagne Kisses
    Green Light
    Supercut/Perfect Places/Spectrum

berserkboi, soratami and slaybellz like this.
  3. Top 10:

Only If For a Night
    Spectrum
    Disparate Youth
    Primadonna
    Saturday Night
    5 AM
    Crying For No Reason
    Body Talk
    Green Light
    Perfect Places

Gave a high score to but would be okay with missing Top 10: Radioactive
    Gave a lower score to but wouldn't be mad with a Top 10: Q.U.E.E.N./Electric Lady

4. These are your potential winners yes?

soratami likes this.
  5. Oh no sorry! Those are the ones I could happily see in top 10 but wouldn’t be crushed if they missed it in order to get more artists in the Top 10!

Phonetics Girl and soratami like this.
  6. [​IMG]

7. 1. What song will be eliminated next?
    Music To Make Boys Cry

2. What song should be eliminated next?
    Only If for a Night

3. What song should still be here?
    Problem

4. What's your ideal top 10?
    1. Saturday Night
    2. Radioactive
    3. Primadonna
    4. Body Talk
    5. Disparate Youth
    6. Music To Make Boys Cry
    7. Perfect Places
    8. Green Light
    9. Crying For No Reason
    10. Queen

8. No you haven't, unless you were the person who voted but didn't write down their PJ username. If you vote and I see the answers are the same as the nameless ballot, I'll just delete the repeat.

9. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

What's your ideal top 10?
    In alphabetical order

Body Talk
    Champagne Kisses
    Crying For No Reason
    Disparate Youth
    Electric Lady
    Green Light
    Perfect Places
    Q.U.E.E.N.
    Shake It Out
    Supercut

My B-Side Scores

berserkboi and soratami like this.
  10. I have twelve 10s left right now. My ideal top 10 would be (also in alphabetical order):

Crying for No Reason
    Disparate Youth
    Green Light
    Music to Make Boys Cry
    Only If For A Night
    Primadonna
    Q.U.E.E.N.
    Radioactive
    Shake It Out
    What The Water Gave Me

I would be happy to see 5AM and Electric Lady in the top 10 as well, as those are my two other 10s.

11. B #5

[​IMG]

Paper Love
    Allie X
    11 @j267 | 10 (9) @DJHazey soratami @Trinu 3.0 @Pinky25 @eatyourself @Stradiwhovius @Music Is Death @Remorque @Oleander | 9.75 @ufint
    5.5 @saviodxl | 6 (3) @Phonetics Girl @2014 @klow

#6 - #11 - #7 - #6 - #5

Paper Love was released in April 2017 as the lead single from Canadian singer-songwriter Allie X's sophomore album CollXtion II. It was written by Allie X, Leland and George Pimentel and produced by Allie X, Mike Wise and Jordan Palmer.

@Phonetics Girl (6) "the most basic thing she's ever put out"

@Ana Raquel (7) "This grew on me compared to Allie's rate. Nice. Still not my favorite track on the album.”

@Maki (7) "I know Allie X because of "Bitch" (which I think is excellent) and that's the only song by her I've heard. Not sure if this song makes me want to check more of her material, but I found it mildly enjoyable.”

@berserkboi (8) "I really enjoy the East meets West aspect with the K-Pop structure”

@ohnostalgia (8) “My original commentary dragged @soratami for picking Paper Love, but I actually gave it a 10 in the Allie X rate. Mess. I suppose it’s not a song I think of as representative of Allie for a versus rate. Simon Says, on the other hand....”

@Untouchable Ace (9.2) “One of my favourite PJ comments from yesteryear was something like 'Allie write a middle-8, do that challenge'.”

@BubblegumBoy (9.5) “For some reason this is Allie's most listened to song on Spotify, its good but definitely not her best.”

@DJHazey (10) “Ms. X is ready for a showdown at the O.K. Corral! Never stand a chance when her gun’s out first and my wig has been shot clear off my head. It’s like a science or something. That Allie she’s gonna R.I.P. me up, cuz she ain’t that nice, she won’t do right, she’ll leave a nasty cut. She’s sinister with her pop hooks, that one. You better look out!”

+ Allie X

The third single from debut CollXtion, released in 2014:

The third single from CollXtion II:

The second single from the Super Sunset EP, released in 2018:

The second single from her most recent album Cape God, released in 2019:

12. I had to triple check if that artwork wasn't fan-made, because it doesn't match the song, the video or the album artwork at all nn

13. The album's GIF series was great nonetheless. Pastel abandoned building serves.

Oh and these standalone pics from other album-related shoots:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. I want to post B #4, but not almost immediately after B #5 ff

So, which do you think will/should miss the Side B podium - Girlfriend, Leave A Trace, On A Mission or Number One Fan?

15. I’d like it to be on a mission or number o e fan but it’ll be leave a trace or girlfriend!

berserkboi and soratami like this.
  16. I want Number One Fan in the top 3, that's it.

Pinky25, Untouchable Ace and soratami like this.
  17. Paper Love - 9. Lyrics and melody are great but the whistling does take it down from a 10 for me.

I want Girlfriend to miss, but it could be Leave A Trace judging from opinions I've read (bad ones).

Untouchable Ace and soratami like this.
  18. OspreyQueen

OspreyQueen Staff Member

Now I remember the last question intimidated me into putting it off. So many great choices.

19. None of the songs in the Side B top 4 are ideal winners to me, to be honest. Number One Fan is one of my least favourite Side B songs, Leave A Trace is good but not amazing and I'm honestly surprised it's still here, Girlfriend is a weird one for me, because while I love the French version, the English version, which is what we're rating, just sounds off to me, so I'm not sure if the 10 I gave it was deserved. So I guess I'm rooting for On A Mission, which is great, but there are plenty of already eliminated songs I rate above it. I actually think the bottom half of the top 10 would have made a better top 5

I Follow Rivers
    This Kiss
    religion (u can lay your hands on me)
    Further Away (Romance Police)
    Gemini Feed

20. Thanks for the title and whoever uttered the phrase initially.
    Allie has made better though.

Leland is awesome.

soratami likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.