QUIRKY POP RATE: The Debuts | #17: "my mum stans it." | Page 58 | The Popjustice Forum

QUIRKY POP RATE: The Debuts | #17: "my mum stans it."

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by soratami, Apr 3, 2020.

1. You'll Never Get To Heaven With Taste Like That is light years above My Hip.

Music Is Life, Kyle., LTG and 7 others like this.
  2. Same, the beat switch in chorus is cute.

soratami and Phonetics Boy like this.
  3. Because it's a bop.
    I feel like some people do the absolute most when it comes to Girls Aloud; it was the fandom that really delayed my interest in Girls Aloud.

That being said, I don't think that I rated Nicola's section with any bias. The scores were based on the songs themselves; some of them good, some of them not-so-good.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
    soratami and Verandi like this.
  4. Diana Vickers is being done dirty here, her debut is among the best albums in the rate.

5. Considering that I assumed that this would be out in the Bottom 3, this definitely stayed around longer than I was expecting. This was my lowest score from Diana's section, but I gave it like a 6. "Four Leaf Clover" deserved to outlast this.

soratami, Phonetics Boy and slaybellz like this.
  6. Oh I'm sad. My Hip turned out to be one of my favorites in my initial listen. It reminds me of Control Of The Knife, aka my favorite Girls Aloud song, thanks to the horns.

7. [​IMG]

soratami and Verandi like this.
  8. So far La Roux, Little Boots and Diana Vickers lost two songs each, and other thirteen artists still have all their songs intact. But things are about to change...

Over the next four eliminations, four different artists will lose their first songs. Feel free to try guessing which ones!

9. Santigold, Ladyhawke, Nicola, and Sky.

10. My guesses are Natalia and Nicola. And Santi and Pip, because I know that y'all did my girls dirty.

In terms of songs, let's go with:
    • "Kill My Boyfriend,"
    • "Yo-Yo."

I'm not even going to try and guess the songs for the other two. I don't want to put that negative energy into the universe.

slaybellz, pop3blow2, Crisp X and 2 others like this.
  11. What I want: Santigold, Charli, Ladyhawke, my low score for Natalia

What I expect: Natalia (Kill My Boyfriend cause y'all trash sometimes), Nicola (Take a Bite or Yo-Yo), Ladyhawke (anything but My Delirium and Magic I guess), maybe Santigold (anything but Les Artistes might be in danger)

12. Charli, Santigold, Janelle, and Nicola. Some out there guesses but I've learned to prepare for the worst.

soratami and pop3blow2 like this.
  13. What I'd love to see: Sky, Nicola, Natalia & Charli
    What it'll probably be: "57821" cause y'all are HEATHENS, Santigold, Ladyhawke & Ellie Goulding

soratami, Crisp X and pop3blow2 like this.
  14. Nicola, Sky, Santigold, & Lana....

which means it will be:
    Foxes, Florence, Ellie, & Lorde

15. For once I'm actually thrilled with how the early eliminations are going dd. I don't see this lasting tho, so let me take a guess (what I'm predicting is not necessarily what I want to happen):
    Florence, Natalia, Ladyhawke, Foxes

junkos, soratami and Crisp X like this.
  16. A couple of her other songs got two of my lowest scores, so I hope they go first.

soratami likes this.
  17. Natalia, Charli, Ladyhawke, Sky.

*Raja flippantly telling Stacey and Shangela to get the fuck out.gif*

soratami likes this.
  18. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Nicola and Natalia at least, please!

19. I want Florence to lose something. Natalia, Sky and Marina must be protected at all costs.

20. No.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.