Qveen Herby (Amy from Karmin) General Discussion | The Popjustice Forum

Qveen Herby (Amy from Karmin) General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by RMK, May 22, 2017.

1. RMK

RMK

So as we know Karmin went indie after they left (or got dropped, no one knows) Epic Records and released 'Leo Rising'. Now Amy of Karmin went ahead as a solo act and is releasing her own project (with Nick as producer).

EP 1, out June 2nd.

1. Gucci
    2. Busta Rhymes
    3. Zombie
    4. Wild
    5. We Get By

KaranPCD likes this.
  2. Well.

This could either be great or a giant posturing disaster.

I'm leaning on the latter but, annoying as they were, Karmin did have some decent songs...

aaronhansome likes this.
  3. If she is going more RnB, that will be great. But all in all, nothing has changed. Nick was always the producer and he sang on maybe 3 songs tops. I loved Leo Rising, some good tunes there: Sugar, No Suitcase, Everything, Blame It On My Heart, Save Me Now, I Got You... but I honestly liked the whole album.

4. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

The singles so far are fine. More Leo Rising than Pulses, but then that's no surprise.

KaranPCD and huntypoo like this.
  5. She is sooo underrated!

6. Busta Rhymes is awesome.

KaranPCD likes this.
  7. It's a little weird to hear this girl from Nebraska rap and sing like this, and it does sound very try-hard at times, but I physically can't stop listening because the songs are so catchy. Her lyrics are wack, but her speed is really exceptional.

8. EP2 is coming on December 1

londonrain likes this.
  9. Its really frustrating for me when artists release EPs instead of an album.

10. Oh, they were dropped like a penny off the Empire State Building.

And I'm sure, considering their frustrations with LA Reid, they weren't complaining.

11. Just listened to her two EPs, Busta Rhymes and Love Myself are LIT

12. Listened to the new EP and watched a couple videos without putting it together that it was the woman from Karmin.

Not mind-blowing but I really like this track. Has a little Sade/Jessie Ware vibe to it.

13. Qveen Hverby are really quite amazing. I never "got" Karmin.

londonrain and Ferk like this.
  14. Oh my god I’ve been bopping like there’s no tomorrow to ‘Holiday’ and ‘Wifey’ and I had no idea it was the chicken from Karmin. Ddddd.

15. This is the funniest turn of events I have ever seen. Going from Dr. Luke scraps to doing her best Niykee Heaton-meets-Kreayshawn impersonation. Iconic.

16. Robin Sparkles teas

TRAVVV, Island, Jwentz and 2 others like this.
  17. This reinvention is... a choice. "Holiday" is cute. I like the video too.

18. Qveen Herby fully loaded!

Screaming at the description. I didn't know she could put a song out less than 200 BPM.

TRAVVV likes this.
    TRAVVV likes this.
  20. Whoa. I don't know what she's thinking. How could anyone on her team watch that video and not see how problematic it is?

Jwentz and Crisp X like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.