R&B BOP QUEENS RATE | I'm Out

Starting a prayer circle for I Don't Care.

ks0qZ3O.gif

I Don't Care (Ricky Martin feat. Fat Joe & Amerie)
@Bslg17 & @Conan

10 @elektroxx | 9 @Ana Raquel @tylerc904
2 @Empty Shoebox | 3 me @Holly Something

I Don't Care was released in September 2005 as the lead single from Ricky Martin's eighth album Life.

Coming last, and getting by far my lowest score between the two parts of the rate, is exactly what it deserves, given Amerie is barely in the song. @Bslg17 and @Conan have a lot to answer for. There's actually a lot of commentary for this one, and most of it about the same thing...

Commentary:

@Holly Something (3) She's on this for 15 seconds, to think we could have rated Not The Only One instead.

@Rei Ayanami (4) Lame. Amerie did what she could with what she had, but there is no reason to ever listen to this.

@Verandi (4) Where the fuck is Amerie tho? Oh here she is!... Oh.

@berserkboi (5.5) Bops but mostly unpleasant!

@londonrain (6) MULTIPLE people thought this was Amerie’s best song? Have they not heard any of her solo material or something?

@ssa (7) It’s no Nobody wants To Be Lonely but a good Ricky collab always slaps. Her 7 seconds in the song are cute, hence the score.

@livefrommelbs (7.5) I'd forgotten this existed!

@godspeed (7.5) The truth is, I had never heard this song before this rate but this sounds exactly like something I would have been crazy about when I was a kid.

@Music Is Life (8) I think I actually know this one. It’s a bop, but out of place here, cause there’s not enough Amerie.

@Sprockrooster (8.5) Completely forgot about this. Love the sound of this a lot.

@Maki (8.5) I was waiting for Amerie to appear, hence was weirded out by why this was chosen for her, but I really like the song. Love her part, too.

@elektroxx (10) Oh, wow. How did I forget that this existed? This deserved so much more, tbh. Amerie is slightly underutilised in this though. ("slightly")

Legends only:

I Don't Care (Ricky Martin feat. Fat Joe & Amerie)
@Bslg17 & @Conan

10 @elektroxx | 9 @Ana Raquel @tylerc904
2 @Empty Shoebox | 3 me @Holly Something

I Don't Care was released in September 2005 as the lead single from Ricky Martin's eighth album Life.

Coming last, and getting by far my lowest score between the two parts of the rate, is exactly what it deserves, given Amerie is barely in the song. @Bslg17 and @Conan have a lot to answer for. There's actually a lot of commentary for this one, and most of it about the same thing...

Commentary:

@Holly Something (3) She's on this for 15 seconds, to think we could have rated Not The Only One instead.

@Rei Ayanami (4) Lame. Amerie did what she could with what she had, but there is no reason to ever listen to this.

@Verandi (4) Where the fuck is Amerie tho? Oh here she is!... Oh.

@berserkboi (5.5) Bops but mostly unpleasant!

@londonrain (6) MULTIPLE people thought this was Amerie’s best song? Have they not heard any of her solo material or something?

@ssa (7) It’s no Nobody wants To Be Lonely but a good Ricky collab always slaps. Her 7 seconds in the song are cute, hence the score.

@livefrommelbs (7.5) I'd forgotten this existed!

@godspeed (7.5) The truth is, I had never heard this song before this rate but this sounds exactly like something I would have been crazy about when I was a kid.

@Music Is Life (8) I think I actually know this one. It’s a bop, but out of place here, cause there’s not enough Amerie.

@Sprockrooster (8.5) Completely forgot about this. Love the sound of this a lot.

@Maki (8.5) I was waiting for Amerie to appear, hence was weirded out by why this was chosen for her, but I really like the song. Love her part, too.

@elektroxx (10) Oh, wow. How did I forget that this existed? This deserved so much more, tbh. Amerie is slightly underutilised in this though. ("slightly")

Legends only:

@Bslg17 voting in the second part but nowhere near the highest scorer is a kii.

In case it isn't clear for anyone, the names below the song titles in the Part 2 eliminations are the people who picked the song as their not favourite not in the rate. Also, I figured just including the video/audio in place of the artwork made more sense for Part 2, since a good number of the songs are album tracks that don't have any official artwork. The write-ups will also be shorter so I can go through the eliminations faster, and since the fact a lot of the songs are album tracks means there's not that much to say about them anyway.

I'm only going to do one more elimination today, as I want to finish properly organising the commentary before I continue, and then the plan is doing 3-4 eliminations per day and have Part 2 wrapped up by the end of the month/beginning of March.

I Don't Care was in the last place by a fairly big margin, but the next three cuts were all very close, and they're all by different artists, none of them being Amerie.

´

Miss Your Touch
@Bslg17 & @Remorque

10 me @RUNAWAY @Bslg17 @vague | 9 @Music Is Life
3 @londonrain @Empty Shoebox | 4 @Hurricane Drunk

Miss Your Touch was released in August 2006 as the closing track from Cassie's self-titled debut (and only) album. It's also the shortest out of all 114 songs in both parts of the rate, at only 2:29.

I definitely considered this as my "favourite not in the rate" pick, though I'm glad I didn't go with it or my actual pick wouldn't have made it. I love Cassie in sweet/romantic mode (see also: Is It You). Poor @Bslg17 loses his second pick in a row, though at least he gave this one a 10, and so did three other people, which is pretty great for a song that came second from last.

Commentary:

@Sprockrooster (5) A bit of a drag if I dare say it. Sorry!

@godspeed (6) My least favorite songs on the otherwise flawless only album by Cassie.

@Rei Ayanami (6.5) This song holds a special place in my heart. My friend and I used to laugh at her singing in this. Listening to this takes me back to my freshman year of college.

@Holly Something (6.5) There's a part of this that sounds like I Don't Know by Usher.

Maki (6.75) Similarly to "Ditto", cool production, but there's not much I can say about it. Unconventional structure is there, but I don't have much connection to the melody. The hook is the best part.

@livefrommelbs (7) A little bit 'Muffy, sis, the vocals' in parts, but generally a cute gal.

@berserkboi (7) Cute too!

@Music Is Life (9) Love the funky bassline that runs through this one.

Legends only: