R&B BOP QUEENS RATE | I'm Out

´

Paradise (LL Cool J feat. Amerie)
@Tchelitchew & @KingBruno
11 @Rei Ayanami
| 9 @tchetichew @vague @Music Is Life | 8.9 @Untouchable Ace
4 @Empty Shoebox | 4.5 @Holly Something | 6.5 @abael @tylerc904
My score: 8

Paradise was released in December 2002 as the second single from LL Cool J's ninth(!) album 10.

Paradise is indeed very nice, but it's far from the best here. It definitely could have used more Amerie, and as is mentioned multiple times in the commentary, that line really isn't great. Cassie's paradise/pair of dice >>>>>. Paradise is the only song in Part 2 not to have a received a single 10, not even from @Tchelitchew, who picked it, but at least it got an 11.

Commentary:

@Holly Something (4.5) It's okay but could do with an edit, it's quite long.

@RUNAWAY (6.5) I fucking LOATHE LL Cool J, needs more Amerie.

@londonrain (7) “Paradise is very nice” is ridiculous but otherwise I’m here for this.

@berserkboi (7.5) Nice mellow bop!

@Maki (7.75) Nice hook, can't say much about the rap.

@Sprockrooster (8) Great smooth flow. Tragic lyrics though "Paradise is very nice", c'mon LL Cool J. You can do much better than that and Amerie deserved that!

@livefrommelbs (8) Love this one! A vibe and a half.

@ssa (8) “Paradise is very nice” bumps it down from a 10. Atrocious line.

@Music Is Life (9) Another bop of course! I’d prefer more Amerie though.

@Rei Ayanami (11) I LOVE this. One of my favorite vocals from Amerie. The production is amazing too, so crisp and smooth. I'm obsessed with it all over again.

Legends only:

The Way You Love Me (feat. Rick Ross)
@Tchelitchew, @GimmeWork, @Sprockrooster, @Daniel_O & @Conan
11 @Sprockrooster @Bslg17
| 10 me @Ana Raquel @Verandi @Robsolete @Hurricane Drunk @Music Is Life | 9.1 @Untouchable Ace
2 @Empty Shoebox | 4 @Phonetics Boy @Rei Ayanami @ssa

The Way You Love Me was dropped in December 2010 (not released, because it wasn't a single, let's get that straight ok), as one of the songs from Keri's sophomore album No Boys Allowed.

The Way You Love Me is a huge bop, and it was even mentioned a few times that it should have been in Part 1, which I don't disagree with. It's the first song to get two 11s, and it also got the most 10s so far (six). I definitely expected it to do a lot better than #29, but the multiple low scores it received prevented it from doing better.

Commentary:

@Rei Ayanami (4) Technically, not a good song, but those lyrics are so entertaining.

@berserkboi (6) Impressive vocals, impressive looks, impressive routine, tuneless noise of an instrumental!

@londonrain (6) This is a banger but is slightly too monotonous to merit a 10 from me, sadly. By the time Rick Ross shows up I’m already bored.

@Holly Something (7) Gets grating after a while.

@godspeed (7.5) JoJo in the music video, what a moment.

@Untouchable Ace (9.1) What An event.

@Verandi (10) INCREDIBLE. SHOWSTOPPING. CHANGED HISTORY. My sexual life is basically nonexistent but this song makes me feel like a dirty [CENSORED]. I hope one day I'll find somebody who will make me feel like this <3

@Music Is Life (10) What a fucking banger honestly. It’s just SO GOOD. It’s amazing. Honestly a contender for my 11. It goes OFF. Shout out to the music video, and that cast, including iconic Queen JoJo. “I’m getting in the zone” by jamming to this song is one of the biggest moods from her in anything she’s done. The choreography is amazing too.​

@Sprockrooster (11) Honestly, everything about this one fits. The lyrics. The absolute shamelessness about delivering it. The massive beat. Even Rick Ross not being insufferable. The music video holding not back. An 11 in this rate if it was part of the first part. So an easy choice here.

Legends only:

The Way You Love Me (feat. Rick Ross)
@Tchelitchew, @GimmeWork, @Sprockrooster, @Daniel_O & @Conan
11 @Sprockrooster @Bslg17
| 10 me @Ana Raquel @Verandi @Robsolete @Hurricane Drunk @Music Is Life | 9.1 @Untouchable Ace
2 @Empty Shoebox | 4 @Phonetics Boy @Rei Ayanami @ssa

The Way You Love Me was dropped in December 2010 (not released, because it wasn't a single, let's get that straight ok), as one of the songs from Keri's sophomore album No Boys Allowed.

The Way You Love Me is a huge bop, and it was even mentioned a few times that it should have been in Part 1, which I don't disagree with. It's the first song to get two 11s, and it also got the most 10s so far (six). I definitely expected it to do a lot better than #29, but the multiple low scores it received prevented it from doing better.

Commentary:

@Rei Ayanami (4) Technically, not a good song, but those lyrics are so entertaining.

@berserkboi (6) Impressive vocals, impressive looks, impressive routine, tuneless noise of an instrumental!

@londonrain (6) This is a banger but is slightly too monotonous to merit a 10 from me, sadly. By the time Rick Ross shows up I’m already bored.

@Holly Something (7) Gets grating after a while.

@godspeed (7.5) JoJo in the music video, what a moment.

@Untouchable Ace (9.1) What An event.

@Verandi (10) INCREDIBLE. SHOWSTOPPING. CHANGED HISTORY. My sexual life is basically nonexistent but this song makes me feel like a dirty [CENSORED]. I hope one day I'll find somebody who will make me feel like this <3

@Music Is Life (10) What a fucking banger honestly. It’s just SO GOOD. It’s amazing. Honestly a contender for my 11. It goes OFF. Shout out to the music video, and that cast, including iconic Queen JoJo. “I’m getting in the zone” by jamming to this song is one of the biggest moods from her in anything she’s done. The choreography is amazing too.​

@Sprockrooster (11) Honestly, everything about this one fits. The lyrics. The absolute shamelessness about delivering it. The massive beat. Even Rick Ross not being insufferable. The music video holding not back. An 11 in this rate if it was part of the first part. So an easy choice here.

Legends only:

Are you fucking kidding me? This deserved top 20!

I can't at this being out already. A truly iconic song and video.

tumblr_m1nog69EGl1qkbd00o1_500.gif