R&B BOP QUEENS RATE | I'm Out

Call Me, Beep Me!
@KingBruno, @Verandi, @Music Is Life & @slaybellz
11 @abael
| 10 @elektroxx @RUNAWAY @Ana Raquel @Verandi @Music Is Life | 9.25 @Maki
2 @Empty Shoebox | 4 @godspeed | 6 @Sprockrooster @Bslg17 @ssa
My score: 9

Call Me, Me Beep Me! was released in July 2003 as part of the Kim Possible soundtrack. It's also known as The Kim Possible Song and, obviously, is the show's theme song.

I love that this was included in the rate, and I love that it did so well. A classic! Call Me, Beep Me! is the last song in Part 2 not to have a 8+ average.

Commentary:

@godspeed (4) I know people are gonna give great scores to this one and it will end up in the top 20, but it does nothing for me. Doesn't even make me feel nostalgic. It was a good theme for a cartoon, but it's a slightly annoying song in reality.

@Sprockrooster (6) Great chorus!

@ssa (6) I always tried not to be included in any kind of Kim Possible narrative.

@Rei Ayanami (7) Super catchy

@Untouchable Ace (7.9) We need the full version just like Sugababes 'Girls In Love' theme.

@livefrommelbs (8.5) *bops in Kim Possible*

@Holly Something (8.5) Iconic TV show, iconic theme song.

@berserkboi (9) Hectic, energetic!

@londonrain (9) Oh wow. I didn’t see this bop coming!

@Maki (9.25) Oh, so this is that song... I actually remember stumbling across this cartoon and loving the intro song (but not the English version), so this is a nice revelation. Nostalgia-induced boost.

@elektroxx (10) A classic. I was shocked that not everyone knew that Christina Milian was the vocalist behind this classic. Disney produced some iconic theme songs in the early 00s, like this and the theme for The Proud Family.

@RUNAWAY (10) I can’t believe this song is actually on spotify….ICONIC

@Verandi (10) Did I almost cry the first time I listened to this after more than 15 years? Maybe_so.gif

@Music Is Life (10) This is still THAT BOP and one of the best Disney theme songs for one of the best Disney shows EVER and that’s that. This is my fucking childhood right here. So fucking catchy, and makes me sing right along with her. Honest 11 contender and I’m not even ashamed. Honestly it kinda made me want to watch the show so I’m happy I subscribed to Disney+.

Legends only:

Gimmie Dat
@berserkboi & @Riiiiiiiii

10 @Sprockrooster me @berserkboi @Ana Raquel @Verandi @Robsolete @Untouchable Ace @Music Is Life | 9 @livefrommelbs @Tchelitchew @Hurricane Drunk
2 @Empty Shoebox | 5 @Phonetics Boy @ssa

Gimmie Dat was released in October 2010 as the second single from Ciara's fourth album Basic Instinct.

Gimmie Dat is tied with The That Way That I Love You for the most 10s so far (eight). The original is a banger, but my favourite version of the song is actually the Slow Bass remix, which transforms the Gimmie Dat into a classic Ciara jam in the same vein as I Bet or Body Party:

thumb_the-flavour-omg-the-flavour-44258020.png

Commentary:

@Rei Ayanami (6) Sounds like the quintessential Ciara song. Her dancing in the video is amazing, but that kinda goes without saying.

@godspeed (6.5) Never really cared about this song to be honest. It's a banger and a nice moment on "Basic Instinct," but it really feels like "Work 2.0" to me. And this might be an unpopular opinion, but I believe "Super Turnt Up" and "Level Up" did what Ciara was trying to do here much better. The music video is insane though!

@Maki (7.25) Catchy for sure, but excessively repetitive, which doesn't do it much justice, I'm afraid.

@livefrommelbs (9) Hot damn this one is RELENTLESS, isn't it? A premium-quality banger. Walked (and flopped) so Level Up could run.

@Sprockrooster (10) Ciara doing her thing she does best.

@berserkboi (10) Back Up 11! The Talent!

@Verandi (10) Always loved it. Great video too, shame about the zero promotion etc.

@Untouchable Ace (10) This is a great discovery for me.

@Music Is Life (10) Oooooo look another dance banger that she just happens to excel at! You can find me in the club that is my bedroom!

Legends only:

Sophomore
@CasuallyCrazed, @Verandi & @godspeed
11 @Verandi
| 10 me @Bslg17 @Tchelitchew @vague @godspeed @Butterfly @Music Is Life | 9.75 @Maki
2 @Empty Shoebox | 3 @Aester | 4 @Rei Ayanami

Sophomore was released in July 2013 as the second track on Ciara's self-titled fifth album.

Sophomore is my favourite Ciara deep cut and it was nearly both my Part 2 pick and my 11. An immaculate banger that really should have been a single, and definitely should have made the top 10. @Empty Shoebox, @Aester and @Rei Ayanami, I'll pray for you.

Commentary:

@Rei Ayanami (4) Don't care for it.

@Sprockrooster (7) Always here for a trashy bop.

@berserkboi (8) Lovely indeed!

@godspeed (10) This was going to be my 11 at one point. It really deserved to. The hit single that never was. What a missed opportunity. "OH NA NA AIN'T NO AMATEUR." How could they get the self-titled campaign SO wrong? (Yes, I'm aware they mainly stopped it because Ciara was pregnant, but man the potential hit singles on this album! Sickening!)

@Music Is Life (10) Whew this feels like a banger incoming. Oof I was right. Yas queen brag about your skills!

@Verandi (11) CiCi is somebody you can trust. No matter the quality control issues some albums might have, ya girl is sure to deliver a few rock solid bops each time she comes back. Sophomore is such a banger omg. The beat is sooo filthy it reminds me of the golden age of Loose, the delivery is basically sex, the bass makes me feel like a stripper. A triumph, it deserved the single treatment and a damn video.

Legends only:

Sophomore
@CasuallyCrazed, @Verandi & @godspeed
11 @Verandi
| 10 me @Bslg17 @Tchelitchew @vague @godspeed @Butterfly @Music Is Life | 9.75 @Maki
2 @Empty Shoebox | 3 @Aester | 4 @Rei Ayanami

Sophomore was released in July 2013 as the second track on Ciara's self-titled fifth album.

Sophomore is my favourite Ciara deep cut and it was nearly both my Part 2 pick and my 11. An immaculate banger that really should have been a single, and definitely should have made the top 10. @Empty Shoebox, @Aester and @Rei Ayanami, I'll pray for you.

Commentary:

@Rei Ayanami (4) Don't care for it.

@Sprockrooster (7) Always here for a trashy bop.

@berserkboi (8) Lovely indeed!

@godspeed (10) This was going to be my 11 at one point. It really deserved to. The hit single that never was. What a missed opportunity. "OH NA NA AIN'T NO AMATEUR." How could they get the self-titled campaign SO wrong? (Yes, I'm aware they mainly stopped it because Ciara was pregnant, but man the potential hit singles on this album! Sickening!)

@Music Is Life (10) Whew this feels like a banger incoming. Oof I was right. Yas queen brag about your skills!

@Verandi (11) CiCi is somebody you can trust. No matter the quality control issues some albums might have, ya girl is sure to deliver a few rock solid bops each time she comes back. Sophomore is such a banger omg. The beat is sooo filthy it reminds me of the golden age of Loose, the delivery is basically sex, the bass makes me feel like a stripper. A triumph, it deserved the single treatment and a damn video.

Legends only:

Y'all hopeless.