R&B BOP QUEENS RATE | I'm Out

He/Him
Those subliminal numbers in that Tea section is confusing me first thing in the morning! Ddddd Glad it is looking like a song I actually like is doing well - could it be Ooops, Oh My? Perhaps!

Also - about tanking ballads - don't be foolish enough to tank the closest thing to one either!

londonrain

Staff member
Just swinging by to say that @soratami including the Kanye West version of Pretty Girl Rock on the Spotify playlist instead of Keri’s solo version is homophobia at its finest. The solo version is an anthem for self-empowerment and feeling beautiful in yourself, and it did not deserve whatever the fuck that rap from Kanye was.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk xx

Just swinging by to say that @soratami including the Kanye West version of Pretty Girl Rock on the Spotify playlist instead of Keri’s solo version is homophobia at its finest. The solo version is an anthem for self-empowerment and feeling beautiful in yourself, and it did not deserve whatever the fuck that rap from Kanye was.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk xx

If I'm being honest I pretty much forgot there was a version with Kanye and one without. But same as with other songs that have more than one version, y'all can score based on the one you like best.

londonrain

Staff member
If I'm being honest I pretty much forgot there was a version with Kanye and one without. But same as with other songs that have more than one version, y'all can score based on the one you like best.
Well, the officially promoted version is the solo version, so it would make sense to put that on the playlist instead of the Kanye one, which is a remix that was tacked on to the end of the standard edition of No Boys Allowed. The solo version is the version that received a video and the song's chart history doesn't credit Kanye.

Keri's out here singing "I can talk about it 'cause I know that I'm pretty / And if you know it too then, ladies, sing it with me" and Kanye's contribution on the remix is to give us "My jewelry so loud, my girls so wow / I mean, I mean swag so loud / I guess that's the reason all the concerts sell out".

tenor.gif

Last edited:
Alright, the correct version of Pretty Girl Rock is now on the Spotify playlist now. When compiling the playlist I must have checked the No Boys Allowed album too quickly as I didn't notice there were two versions of Pretty Girl Rock there.

Anyway, there's one week left to vote! Final tagging spree incoming.