Amerie - 8,2
Ashanti - 8,6
Cassie - 7,3
Christina - 7,5
Ciara - 9,6
Kelis - 9,1
Keri - 9,2
Tweet - 8,6

Disclaimer: I thought my overall average would be higher, cause of all my 9's and 10's accross the board. But dividing the averages by the number 9 (amount of songs) for an artiste a 5,0 or 6,0 has serious impact. That said: Ciara and Keri remained unbothered.
Ciara is so going to walk this, isn't she? The breadth of her discography means that her tracks here are all pretty solid, as opposed to some of the girls who have had to really pad out their sections...

Ciara is so going to walk this, isn't she? The breadth of her discography means that her tracks here are all pretty solid, as opposed to some of the girls who have had to really pad out their sections...

Christina Milian and Tweet are are the two acts who required a bit of deep diving to fill out their sections, and in fact I think International Affair is the only song here not to have been released as a single. There's some quality in their lesser known songs though.

AVERAGES - 8,5
Amerie - 8,2
Ashanti - 8,6
Christina - 7,5
Ciara - 9,6
Kelis - 9,1
Keri - 9,2
Tweet - 8,6

Disclaimer: I thought my overall average would be higher, cause of all my 9's and 10's accross the board. But dividing the averages by the number 9 (amount of songs) for an artiste a 5,0 or 6,0 has serious impact. That said: Ciara and Keri remained unbothered.

source.gif

Cassie - 7,3

WmUVrWL.gif

And funny you went with the rainbow colours, because that's exactly what I'm using in the spreadsheet, except in the opposite order

yAPZ0v.png

Profile | Songs we could have rated #7

Keri-Hilson.gif

Keri Hilson

Full name: Keri Lynn Hilson
Discography: 2 albums
First release: Energy (2008) (previously featured in several other acts' songs, the first being Xzibit's Hey Now (Mean Muggin) in 2004)
Biggest hit: The Way I Are (Timbaland feat. Keri Hilson & D.O.E.) (2007). Biggest solo hit was Energy (2008)
Latest release: Lose Control feat. Nelly (2011)
Next release: Keri's long awaited third album L.I.A.R. (Love Is A Religion) was meant to have been released this summer, and according to Keri it's just slightly delayed.
Biggest strength: Industry pro. Keri has been writing and doing backing vocals for other acts (such as Britney, Mary J Bilge or even Ciara) since she was a teen.
Biggest weakness: Beyoncé
Interesting fact: Keri has a brother called Kip and three sisters called Kelsee, Kye and Kaycee. The Braxtons who?

Other songs we could have rated:

Released in 2008, Keri's first solo single and one of her most well known songs, not included in the rate because it's quite as boppy as the other singles from her debut:

The sixth(!) single from her debut, a midtempo bop:

A T.I. collab released in 2010:

The cute first single from Keri's sophomore album No Boys Allowed, from 2010:

A banger from Keri's second album. It got a video in and all but it wasn't actually a single:

I never actually got around to listening to No Boys Allowed for some reason, even though I was a pretty big fan during the In A Perfect World... era (I even had a line from one of her songs as my username in another music forum for a bit). I'll definitely give it a listen one of these days.

Hasn't this been delayed since 2016?

Thank you @soratami for the extension!

Yeah, it was announced a long time ago, but seemed like Keri really was planning for a Summer 2019 release, and I can't find the post but I remember her saying the album was just slightly delayed. She was in the studio as recently as last month too so hopefully we'll get something sooner rather than later (preferably while the rate is still going ddd)

Last edited: