R&B BOP QUEENS RATE | I'm Out

I think I'll be going through the albums by these acts I haven't listened to yet these next few weeks. Some of the songs y'all have posted definitely piqued my curiosity.

The Tweet spolight will be up tomorrow and after that we'll go over a few more "acts we could have rated" until the deadline. I'll also make a playlist with the songs from the spotlights (and other y'all have posted in the thread). Should make for a fun listen.

I just listened to No Boys Allowed and whew, an album. Keri always says she's a perfectionist and you can really see that because the quality control is absolutely on point, literally not one bad song. I can't believe I slept on it for nearly 10 years.

My faves that haven't been posted yet:

Buyou is a huge banger and All The Boys is amazing midtempo with great lyrics, I really like the singer-songwriter vibe of the verses.

And listening to the album ended up getting me to bump a couple of my scores, so now Keri is tied for my second highest average

AshamedLikelyEskimodog-size_restricted.gif

Tea time #3

tumblr_pxc24dK2xE1r8sc3ro2_500.gif

With 15 voters...

The #1 song has a 9.84 9.767 average.
The last song has a 6.375 6.183 average.
There are seventeen fourteen songs with a 9+ average, and two nine with a <7 average.
There are six seven acts in the top 10, and all eight are in the top 20.
There are five four acts in the bottom 10, and seven six in the bottom 20. The other two ones have their last song at #47 #46 and #51.
The highest average for an act currently is 9.093 8.827, and the lowest is 7.842 7.672.

Eight Eleven songs by five seven acts have received 11s so far.
Sixty-three Sixty-six songs have received at least one 10, and the current lowest high score for a song is a 9 9.1 for a single song.
Thirteen songs have received scores below 4.

In terms of the extra songs (the favourite songs not in the rate), so far eight thirteen have been picked by more than one person, and most popular one has been picked thrice five times so far.

Grey = stats with 10 voters
Green = an improvement
Red = a decline
Black = no change

Voters #11-#15 were @GimmeWork, @KingBruno, @londonrain, @Phonetics Boy and @lalaclairi_. So far an 16th ballot has been received (@Hurricane Drunk's) and that will be counted for the next leaderboard tea, when we hit 20 voters.

Last edited:
Tea time #3

tumblr_pxc24dK2xE1r8sc3ro2_500.gif

With 15 voters...

The #1 song has a 9.84 9.767 average.
The last song has a 6.375 6.183 average.
There are seventeen fourteen songs with a 9+ average, and two nine with a <7 average.
There are six seven acts in the top 10, and all eight are in the top 20.
There are five four acts in the bottom 10, and seven six in the bottom 20. The other two ones have their last song at #47 #46 and #51.
The highest average for an act currently is 9.093 8.827, and the lowest is 7.842 7.672.

Eight Eleven songs by five seven acts have received 11s so far.
Sixty-three Sixty-six songs have received at least one 10, and the current lowest high score for a song is a 9 9.1 for a single song.
Thirteen songs have received scores below 4.

In terms of the extra songs (the favourite songs not in the rate), so far eight thirteen have been picked by more than one person, and most popular one has been picked thrice five times so far.

Grey = stats with 10 voters
Green = an improvement
Red = a decline
Black = no change

Voters #11-#15 were @GimmeWork, @KingBruno, @londonrain, @Phonetics Boy and @lalaclairi_. So far an 16th ballot has been received (@Hurricane Drunk's) and that will be counted for the next leaderboard tea, when we hit 20 voters.
Wouldn't more songs with a 9+ average be better?

I just came across this really good Call Me remix, it's not hugely different than the original but it really adds some extra oomph to the song.

I think this was the official single version in Europe, so y'all can rate the song based on this version if you prefer.

Profile | Songs we could have rated #8

Tweet.gif

Tweet

Full name: Charlene Keys
Discography: 3 albums and 1 EP
First release: Oops (Oh My) (feat. Missy Elliott) (2002) (previously featured in Take Away (Missy Elliott feat. Ginuwine & Tweet) (2001)
Biggest hit: Oops (Oh My) (feat. Missy Elliott) (2002)
Latest release: Charlene (2016)
Next release: Nothing planned right now as far as I can tell.
Biggest strength: Vocals. With a warm and smooth voice, Tweet is likely the best vocalist in the rate.
Biggest weakness: A few bops aside, Tweet's music is very mellow. While that's not necessarily a weakness in general, in the context of this rate it is.
Interesting fact: Tweet's music career started fairly late compared to most of her peers. She released her debut single at 31, and one of the songs in her sophomore album features her then 15 year old daughter Tashawna.

Other songs we could have rated:

The first song Tweet appeared on, a Missy Elliott single from 2001:

A promo single from her debut, released in 2002:

An album track from her debut that charted, despite not being a single. A banger:

This non-album single from 2009:

A Missy collab from Tweet's latest album Charlene, released in 2016: