R&B BOP QUEENS RATE | I'm Out

Honestly I’m so happy this song was included here. It’s my second favorite song of hers and it should’ve been a huge hit.

I love it too, it honestly would have been a good lead single for her second album, it was almost a shame to waste it on a soundtrack (a bit like Keri's I Like, which was originally recorded for a German film). Some people say Cassie's voice has no emotion, but she totally sells the sugary romantic vibe of the song, especially in the bridge.

Fun fact but Honey actually has 3(!!) sequels. The 4th movie came out just last year......I mean....seriously.
Ddd a couple years ago I was having a conversation with my cousin about Cassie, probably complaining to her about her lack of releases and she told me "Well guess what movie she was just cast in" and as a joke I replied "What, Honey 2? And she was like "No...Honey 3 actually..." And I didn't know if I was more shocked at the fact that there was a Honey sequel that I had never heard of or that I had completely taken that out of my ass and ended up being half right.

I still have not seen it either! Has anyone in here? How bad is it?

Agree.
@Music Is Life
-Hated by all their immediate family
-Has had several people try to kill them near-annually since before puberty, but still forgets that they own a map which would've saved their arse multiple times.
-Speaks snake fluently
-Marries the girl who played Ginny, instead of Emma Watson

Couldn't be me.
Ddddd such great points none of which fit me at all. I'd totally marry Hermione/Emma over Ginny/Bonnie.
But I'm more like Harry personality wise.
And seriously, some of the plot points in those books I swear...

I-Gotta-Get-to-You.jpg

I Gotta Get to You
Christina Milian 6/9
11 @Ana Raquel
| 10 me @Music Is Life @Remorque | 9.3 @berserkboi
1 @slaybellz | 2.75 @CasuallyCrazed | 3 @Cutlery

Trajectory:
5: #56 (7.1)
10: #40 (8.205)
15: #56 (7.386)
20: #47 (7.515)
25: #49 (7.272)
30: #50 (7.277)
35: #54 (7.189)
All: #58 (7.077)

Gotta Get to You was released in 2009 as part of the Bring It On: Fight to the Finish soundtrack. Fight to the Finish is the fifth film in the popular cheerleading series, which began in 2000, with the Kirsten Dunst-featuring film which became something of a cult classic, and recently was one of the inspirations for Ariana Grande's thank u, next video. Christina Milian didn't just contribute to the soundtrack but was actually the protagonist of the film, which was directed by Bille Woodruff, the exact same person responsible for Honey, the film featured in the previous elimation. An interesting tidbit about the series is Solange was the protagonist in the third film... It's kind of hard to picture Solange in a cheerleading film, but it really happened. Gotta Get to You was written by Christina Milian, Nicole Saletta, Phillip White & Jared Lee Gosselin and produced by Whitey & Jared and, like Us Against The World, was potentially going to feature in Christina's scrapped fourth album Dream In Colour (later retitled as Elope).

From a dance movie to a cheerleading movie. Y'all really weren't here for the soundtrack bops, huh? Then again, it's not like it did terribly bad either. Gotta Get to You is a completely infectious bop, and definitely one of favourite discoveries I made while preparing the rate. I image it would have done better if this rate didn't have an R&B focus, since it's one of less R&B-y songs here (it still has some R&B elements though, or I wouldn't have included it at all), but regardless, a bop is a bop.

Hates fun:
@slaybellz (1) This is the worst song of the bunch.

Tolerate fun:
@KingBruno (4.5) Sounds very plastic-y…

@Holly Something (5) Hmm, not really feeling this one.

Appreciate fun:
@ssa (6) This is pleasant enough but it’s shockingly inoffensive and it gets absolutely nowhere. Y’all need to repent for not having included Whatever U Want in the rate.

@godspeed (6) "This sounds like a basic bop PopJustice members would rave about. I don't mind it but I'm curious to see what y'all think of it." (nothing wrong with a bit of basic every now and then)

@Rei Ayanami (7) Doesn’t sound at all like her. Both a good and bad thing.

Love fun:
@livefrommelbs (8.5) I've never heard this bop before! It's so great, I love the way it blends the guitars with the dance beat. What a find.

@berserkboi (9.3) Banger and mash!

@Music Is Life (10) WHY does this sound like some sort of pop-rock bop? I mean, I’m not complaining, just wondering. I really like her voice on this. I love this actually. That chorus is perfection. (probably because it's from a cheerleading film soundtrack ddd)

@Remorque (10) Why have I never heard this and why is it making me want to lose my fucking shit

@Ana Raquel (11) Me?? Giving an 11 to a song from a Bring It On movie????? Who else would have expected that!!!!!!

No video, so here's the audio:

Another bop from the soundtrack:

I-Gotta-Get-to-You.jpg

I Gotta Get to You
Christina Milian 6/9
11 @Ana Raquel
| 10 me @Music Is Life @Remorque | 9.3 @berserkboi
1 @slaybellz | 2.75 @CasuallyCrazed | 3 @Cutlery

Trajectory:
5: #56 (7.1)
10: #40 (8.205)
15: #56 (7.386)
20: #47 (7.515)
25: #49 (7.272)
30: #50 (7.277)
35: #54 (7.189)
All: #58 (7.077)

Gotta Get to You was released in 2009 as part of the Bring It On: Fight to the Finish soundtrack. Fight to the Finish is the fifth film in the popular cheerleading series, which began in 2000, with the Kirsten Dunst-featuring film which became something of a cult classic, and recently was one of the inspirations for Ariana Grande's thank u, next video. Christina Milian didn't just contribute to the soundtrack but was actually the protagonist of the film, which was directed by Bille Woodruff, the exact same person responsible for Honey, the film featured in the previous elimation. An interesting tidbit about the series is Solange was the protagonist in the third film... It's kind of hard to picture Solange in a cheerleading film, but it really happened. Gotta Get to You was written by Christina Milian, Nicole Saletta, Phillip White & Jared Lee Gosselin and produced by Whitey & Jared and, like Us Against The World, was potentially going to feature in Christina's scrapped fourth album Dream In Colour (later retitled as Elope).

From a dance movie to a cheerleading movie. Y'all really weren't here for the soundtrack bops, huh? Then again, it's not like it did terribly bad either. Gotta Get to You is a completely infectious bop, and definitely one of favourite discoveries I made while preparing the rate. I image it would have done better if this rate didn't have an R&B focus, since it's one of less R&B-y songs here (it still has some R&B elements though, or I wouldn't have included it at all), but regardless, a bop is a bop.

Hates fun:
@slaybellz (1) This is the worst song of the bunch.

Tolerate fun:
@KingBruno (4.5) Sounds very plastic-y…

@Holly Something (5) Hmm, not really feeling this one.

Appreciate fun:
@ssa (6) This is pleasant enough but it’s shockingly inoffensive and it gets absolutely nowhere. Y’all need to repent for not having included Whatever U Want in the rate.

@godspeed (6) "This sounds like a basic bop PopJustice members would rave about. I don't mind it but I'm curious to see what y'all think of it." (nothing wrong with a bit of basic every now and then)

@Rei Ayanami (7) Doesn’t sound at all like her. Both a good and bad thing.

Love fun:
@livefrommelbs (8.5) I've never heard this bop before! It's so great, I love the way it blends the guitars with the dance beat. What a find.

@berserkboi (9.3) Banger and mash!

@Music Is Life (10) WHY does this sound like some sort of pop-rock bop? I mean, I’m not complaining, just wondering. I really like her voice on this. I love this actually. That chorus is perfection. (probably because it's from a cheerleading film soundtrack ddd)

@Remorque (10) Why have I never heard this and why is it making me want to lose my fucking shit

@Ana Raquel (11) Me?? Giving an 11 to a song from a Bring It On movie????? Who else would have expected that!!!!!!

No video, so here's the audio:

Another bop from the soundtrack:

Ddddd very good point.

Also the Bring It On movies are iconic. Although, I'm a cheerleader so I may be biased.

Tory Lanez dropped a mixtape that features a collaboration with Ashanti, sampling one of the bops from this rate (which better make the Top 10). She's also on the cover of the mixtape.

Not usually a fan of Tory Lanez, even though he drops a jam every now and then, but I've listened to a few songs from this mixtape and I really need to check it out. Everything I have heard so far sounds heavily early-2000s-R&B-influenced. There are features from Mya, Jagged Edge, Lil Wayne, Lloyd, Snoop Dogg, The-Dream, Ludacris, Jermaine Dupri and T-Pain so it should be at least interesting.