R&B BOP QUEENS RATE | I'm Out | Page 64 | The Popjustice Forum

R&B BOP QUEENS RATE | I'm Out

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by soratami, Sep 13, 2019.

1. Voter picks: Cassie (part 4)

Simple Things (@Empty Shoebox)

All My Love (@slaybellz)
    "RockaByeBaby" but if someone's already picked it, please do "All My Love" instead.

Kiss Me (@Holly Something)

Fly With U (Far East Movement feat. Cassie) (@Untouchable Ace)

Bonus:

That's so @londonrain
    Cassie
    [​IMG]

2. I still can't believe that issues between Murder Inc and Def Jam prevented this classic from being a single.

3. I didn't know about that. I just read there was nearly a 6 month gap between Only U and the second single from the album too, a mess.

4. Around the time of the release of Concrete Rose, Irv Gotti was facing charges of money laundering, which led to Def Jam cutting ties with Murder Inc. and lack of financing for the rest of the album's campaign. These label issues led to a delay in the release of the second single and as Ashanti had to finance the music video herself, she opted to release "Don't Let Them" instead of "Don't Leave Me Alone."

5. And that pretty much put an end to Ashanti's chart-topping days. Sad.

6. I find these sorts of things so fascinating (and yes, very sad too!). It’s such an insight into how much stock a label has in an artist’s success - it really is the music BUSINESS,

7. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Sis, you’re really going to include my Cassie commentary but omit my Amerie commentary for Losing U?

9. My voter pick for Cassie not being posted... I will not be censored!

[​IMG]

10. I think they said the songs that got multiple shoutouts are coming later? I'm assuming this one got multiple shoutouts.

11. Call U Out was almost my pic. The beat is really great.

vague, berserkboi and soratami like this.
  12. What happened was I thought I'd already included yours in the first "voter picks" post I made a while back, and when I noticed I hadn't and went back to add it to this one, I forgot to check if there was any commentary. Added it now though.

That's exactly it. We'll get to the songs picked my more than one person later.

13. It's interesting to see how varied Cassie's picks were compared to Amerie and Ashanti.

14. Well aren't I a clown.
    [​IMG]

15. Voter picks: Christina Milian (part 1)

Hello (Stafford Brothers feat. Lil Wayne & Christina Milian) (@livefrommelbs)

L.O.V.E. (RedOne Remix) (@Tchelitchew)

Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
  16. Voter picks: Christina Milian (part 2)

Get Loose (@vague)

Gonna Tell Everybody (@londonrain)
    My pick is a song that is not a bop by any measure - Gonna Tell Everybody (which was supposed to be the single after Say I).

(It's slightly odd that Christina's biggest hit in Australia by a long shot is her feature on the Stafford Brothers' generic EDM banger Hello, which is good but not especially distinctive.)

I Can Be That Woman (@CasuallyCrazed)

Bonus:
    Christina Milian
    [​IMG]

ssa, Aester, londonrain and 10 others like this.
  17. I wish I had the time to explore their discographies before this, but I will take the opportunity over winter break to do so, starting with all these songs probably.

vague, soratami and berserkboi like this.
  18. Oh my gosh, this whole time, I thought it was Mya who sang L.O.V.E.

19. Oh wow, I had no idea Christina sung Hello!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.