R.I.P. Etta James | The Popjustice Forum

R.I.P. Etta James

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by SpanishEyes, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Agreed, this wasn't unexpected but it's still a tragedy just as she was experiencing a renaissance of sorts with the Flo Rida thing etc. She'll definitely be missed but what a legacy she's left behind! now we'll just have to sit tight and watch a tidle wave of tributes take place on every single award show during the next year.

2. Sad news. I've been listening to her a lot this week as well.

R.I.P. Etta.

3. R.I.P.

I do hope, however, that this results in a resurgence of At Last rather than that Flo Rida shit.

4. Really sad news.

I hope this isn't an excuse for Beyonce to try and give At Last yet more lives though, especially if there's a tribute somewhere.

5. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

This is terrible. Rest in peace.

6. Sad. At Last came on my iPod last night and I let it play for the first time in a long, long time.

7. Very sad, indeed. Seven Year Itch was an amazing cd.

8. Such a shame. I hope her family is coping well and they all remain healthy in this sad time.

9. Tommie

Tommie Guest

Well, she had been sick for a while...

Anyway, I think this is appropriate right now:

:-(

10. How sad one of the last of a different breed of siingers no gimmicks just a classy voice.
    RIP.

11. Bless her. Such a powerful voice.

12. Very, very sad news. R.I.P. Etta.

13. Tommie

Tommie Guest

Nice to see At Last back in the US top 10 and UK top 15 - I was honestly unsure how much impact her death would have, so it's nice to see it impacting on the iTunes generation.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.