Rachel Stevens | Page 233 | The Popjustice Forum

Rachel Stevens

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by futureshokk, Jun 24, 2006.

1. Guest panelist on Loose Women today too. She's putting in the werk.

Utopia likes this.
  2. Doing everything except booking a stage like we want her to.

3. I'm bored on a weeknight and decided to make an "anthology" of Rachel's work. I tried to use only things that were/are commercially available with a couple promo mixes thrown in for good measure, but nothing unreleased. Obviously, if something like this were to really happen, unreleased material would be great, but I decided to only keep it within the range of already released stuff.

It would look something like this. (I struggled on whether or not to put "Some Girls" on disc one or disc two, as I personally have it labeled as part of the Come and Get It album in my own library, but since it was from the Funky Dory era, that won out. The extended mix being on disc two is a bit of a compromise).
    1. Some Girls
    2. Sweet Dreams My LA Ex
    3. Funky Dory
    4. Fools
    5. Breathe In Breathe Out
    6. Glide
    7. Heaven Has to Wait
    8. More, More, More
    9. Blue Afternoon
    10. I Got the Money
    11. Little Secret
    12. Solid
    13. Silk
    14. Spin That Bottle - “Some Girls” B-Side
    15. Shoulda Thought of That - “More, More, More” B-Side
    16. Funky Dory (Single Mix)
    17. More, More, More (Single Mix)
    18. Breathe In Breathe Out (SWAT Team Version)
    19. Fools (Princess Diaries 2 Version)
    1. So Good
    2. I Said Never Again (But Here We Are)
    3. Crazy Boys
    4. I Will Be There
    5. Negotiate With Love
    6. All About Me
    7. Secret Garden
    8. Nothing Good About This Goodbye
    9. Je M’appelle
    10. Funny How
    11. Every Little Thing
    12. Dumb Dumb
    13. Queen - “Negotiate With Love” B-Side
    14. Never Go Back - “So Good” B-Side
    15. Waiting Game - “I Said Never Again” B-Side
    16. Some Girls (Extended Mix)
    17. So Good (Extended Mix)
    18. I Said Never Again (But Here We Are) (Jewels & Stone Extended Mix)
    1. Sweet Dreams My LA Ex (Bimbo Jones Club Mix)
    2. Sweet Dreams My LA Ex (BMR Club Mix)
    3. Sweet Dreams My LA Ex (BMR Peaktime Mix)
    4. Funky Dory (Europa XL Vocal Mix)
    5. Funky Dory (Sharp Boys Funky Mirrorball Vocal Mix)
    6. Funky Dory (Vertigo Vocal Mix)
    7. Funky Dory (Europa XL Dub)
    8. More, More, More (The Sharp Boys Sky's The Limit Club Remix)
    9. More, More, More (Almighty Disco Mix)
    10. More, More, More (Almighty Disco Dub)
    11. More, More, More (Almighty Funky Mix)
    12. Breathe In Breathe Out (Milky Vocal Mix)
    1. Some Girls (Europa XL Vocal Mix)
    2. Some Girls (The Sharp Boys Hot Fridge Vocal)
    3. Some Girls (Rhythm Masters Vocal Mix)
    4. Negotiate With Love (Love To Infinity Radio Edit)
    5. Negotiate With Love (Love To Infinity Club Remix)
    6. Negotiate With Love (Love To Infinity Dub Remix)
    7. Negotiate With Love (Tom Neville Club Remix)
    8. So Good (Aurora Vocal Mix)
    9. So Good (Aurora Dub Mix)
    10. So Good (Saint 12" Klub Mix)
    11. So Good (Saint 12" Dubbed Off Mix)
    12. I Said Never Again (But Here We Are) (Bimbo Jones Extended Mix)

actorandlyricist likes this.
  4. That’s what I thought of many pages ago. It would be best to do a whole set for her though I’d move the extended mixes to the remixes portion. I’d also love a disc of bonus material for both, but remastering “Nothing In Common” and including it on Come and Get It to make up for “Some Girls” being removed.

5. Fingers crossed for this:

6. I had hoped it would be their upcoming announcement to be honest so a little sad it doesn’t seem like it will be.

But you’re doing the lord’s work @Dark Ballet. I hope you can make it happen!

AfternoonsInUtopia, Island and j267 like this.
  7. Everything from the song itself, to the choreography, to the styling was such a proper pop moment on this:

Last edited: Oct 26, 2021
    Rei Ayanami, Island, ADM and 11 others like this.
  8. This is one of my fave pop choreography moments of all time

9. ADM

ADM

I always thought there was good people on this forum but the fact that Come and Get It has been out for 16 years and I'm only hearing it and it's brilliance now? Why didn't anyone tell me!!

It's amazing, such a piece of pop gold! Sounds like a Girls Aloud album. Ugh! I only put it on after seeing the protesting for a vinyl and now I know why!

10. I think we all bang on about this album at least once a week, no?

Check out my video on it too, if you're interested to learn more:

11. ADM

ADM

Oh, for sure. I didn't listen to Siobhan Donaghys TWO albums until last year, crimes.

Will definitley listen to this! Thank you! I'd love to do stuff like this, well done.

bonnieetclyde likes this.
  12. Probably been asked before, but the version of So Good on the album is tagged as being the radio edit. Was there ever an album/original edit? I've heard the extended version but that's it.

chasingthepast likes this.
  13. I don’t think an “album version” exists or, if it does, was ever released. The one on Come and Get It is the same as the one on the single (aka the Radio Edit).

14. I've always just presumed that the initial album edit might have been slightly longer and then the radio edit replaced it in the final album master so late in the stage that the redudant tag survived through to our side.

Can think of a few more of those off the top of my head, including the inverse - Sugababes "Undignified" has (album version) in the booklet and digital tags for no discernable reason.

VivaForever likes this.
  15. It's a lost pop classic. I didn't know about it until browsing this forum around 08 or so, but I'm glad I discovered it. I Will Be There is sublime.

16. I remember getting so excited when the mix of Breathe In, Breathe Out showed up as a B-side. I would have loved a full single release in another reality.

17. I have the mp3s from the original leak/Album 2 Draft CD-R that has the original Nothing Good About This Goodbye and So Good has an extended intro and outro and clocks in at 3:58. I haven't been able to find it anywhere else and the Discogs listing has the Radio Edit's length, so I don't know if it's real or not

YourLeadSinger and Utopia like this.
  18. And now the single mix of Breathe In, Breathe Out (Swat Team Remix) has been taken off streaming too…

…as has the far superior single edit of Funky Dory!

j267 and actorandlyricist like this.
  19. Yeah, odd they have the original Funky Dory up on streaming but not the re-release. Breathe In, Breathe Out would have made for a better single release for me than More More More.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.