Rachel Stevens | Page 240 | The Popjustice Forum

Rachel Stevens

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by futureshokk, Jun 24, 2006.

1. I bloody love So Good.

2. I bloody love that entire album.

But as far as the song, that extended mix is truly a gift from God.

3. I get that, but there's no excuse to follow people like that. Even if you are following to check what they're saying, you're part of their following and their numbers are boosted from it. If you want to see what TERF Wizard Lady is up to, you can click on her profile to do so but you don't need to follow them and boost their support by doing so. It's not like their opinions are hidden until you follow them.

lob0to and YourLeadSinger like this.
  4. Respectfully, sis..they're the leaders of a nation.

Their message is going to be signal boosted regardless of how many followers they have. I just don't think following a politician counts as an endorsement but that'smyopinion.gif

5. It all boils down to how you use your social media. I personally have no time for the posts of people I don’t want to follow, it’s just not what I want cluttering up my feed. Besides, I can get their soundbites and be up to date via news and other outlets.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2022
  6. Shall we just get back to Rachel? This has spiralled a lot dd

Dale likes this.
  7. Least she’s finally done something semi-interesting.

yewchapel, lob0to and toby3000 like this.
  8. Island

Island Staff Member

Let's put the gloves back on, girls!

9. *FINALLY* we have higher resolution versions of her Sports Relief photoshoot.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Read back a bit through this thread and stunned that the chorus of Every Little Thing isn't universally proclaimed as pop perfection. The verses I'm a bit meh on but the way the chorus shifts up and then back down is so damn rhythmic and catchy. I mean it's basic as anything but I can't help but love it.

It really is a great pop album isn't it, I found her debut quite flat but the production on the second one all seemed to work out how to make her slightly, well, emotionless voice just work.

Conan, tylerc, Mvnl and 1 other person like this.
  11. Yes, that chorus is sublime.

There really isn't much wrong with Come And Get It.
    Image if this was her debut?

Shame it was released when the music industry was changing the way it was..

12. Every Little Thing's chorus is absolute pop perfection. Ridiculously catchy.

Island, poshbabyyy, Conan and 2 others like this.
  13. I'd probably have swapped out Je M'appelle... not that it's a terrible song but it feels more B-side to me. There were stronger unreleased songs that should have replaced it.

Rob likes this.
  14. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Je M'Apelle isn't a big song but I think it might just add some needed contrast to make the other songs bop even more

poshbabyyy, upu, JasonJay and 5 others like this.
  15. 'Every Little Thing' needed to be a b-side instead of either 'Queen' or 'Waiting Game'. I'd have ditched it for both of them.

16. Nothing in Common...

Utopia, Txetxu, Tony Lamezma and 3 others like this.
  17. I actually prefer the verses of “Every Little Thing” and find the chorus a bit annoying midway through a listen. The chorus is just very… Disney Channel starlet’s sophomore album’s second single to me.
    100% agree with this. The three exclusively b-sides for that era are incredibly strong.

Txetxu likes this.
  18. “It’s All About Me” is the only song I would have traded out, for “Queen” or “Waiting Game.” I’m not sure why, but that one has just never resonated with me. I adore “Every Little Thing,” the first time I heard it it instantly reminded me of S Club and was like a warm return to Rachel’s origins after the icy LA Ex/Some Girls.

poshbabyyy, Verandi, MarkB and 4 others like this.
  19. I'm confused, your tone suggests this is a bad thing?

Runawaywithme and Utopia like this.
  20. Yes.
    788C039D-5F29-4AED-8650-0EA39E705D18.gif

pmas and lushLuck like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.