Rachel Stevens | Page 243 | The Popjustice Forum

Rachel Stevens

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by futureshokk, Jun 24, 2006.

1. I rebuke any version of Come & Get It that omits Every Little Thing. The absolute rush of that chorus.

Never Go Back also slaps and deserves a place on the album over It's All About Me. Sorry!!

2. The original promo running order (with the first version of Nothing Good About This Goodbye) works so well.

Euphoria, hologram, Mvnl and 4 others like this.
  3. Every Little Thing should have been the final song on the album… starting the album with the inhale on So Good and ending on an exhale in Every Little Thing alone would have been Grammy worthy.

blaze_dave, Veeis, pmas and 12 others like this.
  4. There is no bad song on Come & Get It, and any fake tracklist that removes any track is immediately trash.

Rob, blaze_dave, Euphoria and 22 others like this.
  5. Every Little Thing is a magnificent pop track! It was always one of my favourites from an all round amazing album.

6. That is how I've had it, and will forever have it, on my phone and PC. Anything less is a no-go.

7. 'Nothing in Common' was the one that got away and should have found it's place on the album.

8. Should’ve been on the album instead of wheeling out “Some Girls” again.

Mvnl likes this.
  9. That whole era of Come And Get It was amazing. B sides and all.

Yes Nothing In Common should have been released. And Nothing Good About This Goodbye should have been a single. It definitely could have saved the campaign.

And am I the only one who actually loves It's All About Me!

10. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

The few more lowkey moments on the album add much needed light & shade to make the highs even higher.
    Perfect album.

Robbietoxic and YourLeadSinger like this.
  11. The b-sides were just as solid as much of the album. They could've gone for a 16-track album and gotten no complaints from me.

YourLeadSinger and bonnieetclyde like this.
  12. I personally see it as part of the album more than part of Funky Dory. Also, I think they needed it to help try and sell the album ''includes the hit single 'Some Girls'''.

13. Whilst I think Nothing Good About This Goodbye would have been a good single, I don't think anything could have saved the campaign by that point. By 2005/2006 people were sick of the pop girls, off the top of my head we had flops from Rachel, Dannii, Lisa Scott-Lee's MTV slating, all of the solo Spice Girls, even Girls Aloud were struggling-ish before their Greatest Hits.

Nothing In Common never getting an official release though is absolutely criminal. It's one of the best things she's ever done.

14. 'It's All About Me' is a TEN every day of the week!

15. SBK

SBK

I agree, whilst it was an old single, it really fit with Come and Get It over Funkydory.

Yeah, as great as this album is. Nothing would have salvaged Rachel's career back then. We're lucky we got it, many other pop girls at the time failed to get even half the amount of material out on their record deals.

ohaimanabu, jbond88 and Mvnl like this.
  16. My singles run:

- I Said Never Again.
    - So Good.
    - Nothing Good About This Goodbye.
    // Album release.
    - Crazy Boys.

17. Yeah, I mean I really like ''Negotiate with Love'' but lead single material it was not.

18. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Yeah unless it was the only song finished at that point that definitely was a choice

19. Does anyone know what happened with the post-Come and Get It Richard X sessions and why nothing ever came from them? Richard hasn't said anything more other than they happened.

ohaimanabu likes this.
  20. Just in the vault. Hannah Robinson also confirmed that stuff was recorded but never released.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.