Rachel Stevens | Page 250 | The Popjustice Forum

Rachel Stevens

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by futureshokk, Jun 24, 2006.

1. I'm not a big 'Yasser' but I swear to God, if she pulls out even just a fraction of this choreo at Hoopla, I will let out the most guttural 'Yass' of all time.

mattieh, Island, Wild Man. and 8 others like this.
  2. The way I’m wondering if I’ll have enough space in the crowd to spread my arms for the “I’m gonna take back what is mine” part of the chorus armography. The whole routine is just so iconic I can’t help myself doing it.

3. Someone needs to sort out her Spotify U.K. - lots of random songs by random people on her page.

poshbabyyy and actorandlyricist like this.
  4. It’s a shame her profile is now so poor in the UK, was really gutted to see how early she went out of DOI. Hoping this gives her a boost to do some more recording. Had there ever been any other leaks bar ‘nothing in common’?

5. Rhythm Junkie leaked with a demo singer’s vocals, not Rachel’s— and it definitely didn’t live up to the hype.

JasonJay, elektricblue and jbond88 like this.
  6. I've recently got into Rachel with some convincing of a friend and I started with her Xenomania tracks because I love GA so much. It took me a minute but now I am crazy just like everyone else mainly for her 2nd album. The first is a bit dated for me but CAGI lives up to date!!

blaze_dave, Island, Conan and 7 others like this.
  7. The first album has a handful of brilliant songs though, 'Glide', 'Fools', 'Silk' the original mixes of 'Funky Dory' and 'Breathe In, Breathe Out' and of course 'Sweet Dreams My LA Ex'... also that original album cover is gorgeous.

blaze_dave and Conan like this.
  8. I will have to run "Funky Dory" another few spins (which btw is a horrible name for an album in my opinion..). Like I said it's dated so it sounds cheap to me in ways. I do like "Fools" and " Sweet Dreams My LA Ex" and "Some Girls" which I think was from that era?? That has to be my favorite song right now like I cannot stop replaying it. I find kind of cool that "LA Ex" was supposed to be Britney's comeback single for the "In The Zone" era but she rejected it because she thought it was too "obvious" that it was a diss towards Justin's "Cry Me A River"

9. The first album is great for an early 00s pop album, even better with the reissue adding “Some Girls”, the single mix of “Funky Dory”, and the (planned) single mix of “Breathe In, Breathe Out”. If only they included the single version of “More More More”! I added that mix and the two other b-sides (“Spin That Bottle” and “Shoulda Thought of That”) in my digital library version.

Also, Funky Dory as a title is a play on David Bowie’s Hunky Dory, an album that contains “Andy Warhol” which is the sample used on Rachel’s “Funky Dory”. “Baby, that’s all”.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2022
    bonnieetclyde, blaze_dave and Mvnl like this.
  10. Interesting facts! I am trying to decipher that there's two versions of "Some Girls" I watched the music video and I don't hear a difference. Or did I just make this up??

Last edited: Dec 7, 2022
  11. Officially there’s only one main mix and an extended mix (aside from the usual couple of club remixes by dance producers that is). There was some fan edit “US Mix” floating about but it’s not official.

Also, if you haven’t heard the extended version, you must.

lushLuck, JasonJay, Txetxu and 3 others like this.
  12. Island

Island Staff Member

God, she really was the queen of armography.

13. She definitely is!

actorandlyricist likes this.
  14. She's done an interview for Mighty Hoopla and mentioned 'Show Me Your Colours' could make an appearance on the setlist!

15. You heard the lady. Everyone better pack their red ribbons next June next to the poppers.

16. The random singles that have been attributed to her Spotify artist profile over the last few years have finally been removed. Now just re-add all the singles queen!

17. Come on. Finally

18. Yes that was me! Believe me I’m trying to get the singles back (and the albums worldwide).

19. I need the single mix (SWAT Team Version) of Breathe In Breathe Out on there.

20. Now her Spotify is blank... Is something happening?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.