Radio Disney Justice: A Teen-Pop Extravaganza - (Results: WINNER) | Page 11 | The Popjustice Forum

Radio Disney Justice: A Teen-Pop Extravaganza - (Results: WINNER)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by DJHazey, Feb 19, 2018.

1. You can't even begin to entertain a thought like this when you've won twice and I only have one third-place finish under my belt.

iheartpoptarts likes this.
  2. Also we have our first voter (other than me) and that's @GhettoPrincess. @31entrance only has one section left to do.

Once I have those finalized, I'll serve some leaderboard tea.

GhettoPrincess likes this.
  3. I don't think I've ever be in the Top 3..... *cries* I think fourth place was my highest position. I'm the best flop.

DJHazey likes this.
  4. You'll get there! I can't wait.

DJHazey likes this.
  5. This will likely be me when I read any ballot that comes in.

[​IMG]

soratami likes this.
  6. My boyfriend just handed out a 4 to Potential Breakup Song. THE NERVE. Well, that song title suddenly turned into a self-fullfilling process. And his commentary of hearing to many times because of me. WELL THE FUCKING NERVE TO SAY THAT RIGHT TO MY FACE. No worries girls, I am working on it. I am using a veto here and I will not enter this score.

soratami and DJHazey like this.
  7. [​IMG]

8. I'll definitely be sending mine well before the deadline. Already rated about half the songs.

DJHazey likes this.
  9. Who Is That? #9 - Lucy Hale

[​IMG]

Okay, so it would be hard for someone not to know who she is at this point because even if I've never seen the show myself, she is well known for starring in the hit TV series Pretty Little Liars and also released a country-pop album in 2014 titled Road Between. She was discovered as a winner of the show American Juniors, which is a spinoff of American Idol. She went on to appear in several of the shows our other queens are famous for such as Drake & Josh and Wizards of Wizard Place. In 2011, she was cast as the lead for Disney direct-to-video film A Cinderella Story: Once Upon A Time. I couldn't tell you anything about the movie itself but somehow I discovered all of Lucy's bops on the soundtrack and every time I play something from it (especially "Run This Town"), she gets rave reviews. If you haven't heard them and come into this rate with an open mind, then prepare to be blown away and need to download them immediately. I limited her to two, but could've easily thrown "Bless Myself" into the mix as well and have also added it below:

Now, none of these are technically singles so this was only time where I stretched the rules a tad. However, these songs are iconic and need to be heard. No, I didn't just add them so @Pecans would 100% vote, ddd.

Musical Comparisons: Critics have said her voice sounds like a combination of Carrie Underwood and Faith Hill. Lucy herself said she was inspired the most by Shania Twain, Faith Hill, The Dixie Chicks, and Britney Spears while growing up. Music is her #1 passion despite arguably being more known for her acting. However the songs we're rating here as dance-pop songs so I would compare them to Shania's dancier songs from her imperial era, but turned up to 11 or maybe Kelly Clarkson's dance-bops on All I Ever Wanted or Stronger.

10. Oh. That might explain I am not exactly blown away by her...

DJHazey likes this.
  11. Your plug.dj legacy! xx

DJHazey likes this.
  12. I keep blending "Impossible" and "Make You Believe" in my mind somehow, so maybe so! This is unfortunate to hear though!

Sprockrooster likes this.
  13. I guess I have a few plug.dj legacy tracks by now. xx

iheartpoptarts likes this.
  14. Well, you know I keep coming back, so... xx

DJHazey likes this.
  15. Lucy! I'm honestly desperate for her to return the country scene because she has a voice that just can't go to waste. Her new drama, Life Sentence, starts tonight, so that's gonna have to be my Lucy fix for the time being. Music though... please!

DJHazey likes this.
  16. Finishing this is (hopefully) going to be my weekend task.

I had no idea that Lucy Hale did music or that Zendaya's fame stems from being a Disney star. I'm learning so much!

DJHazey likes this.
  17. Hey I'm glad my little write-ups are accomplishing something. I look forward to seeing your ballot!

Sprockrooster and Sally_Harper like this.
  18. annnddd—I’M OFFICIALY DONE!!
    sent all my scores and (re)discovered some old gems although the last section was kind of a drag but it was fun

Sprockrooster likes this.
  19. I only have two more 'Who Is That?' I feel I need to do and they're for Olivia and XO-IQ, which I'll post next week. Everyone should know who the others are.

I'm going to set up the commentary sheet and then enter the scores for @31entrance and @GhettoPrincess (you can still send me any changes you might come across) this weekend and hopefully have some leaderboard tea.

Hopefully you all get some scoring done this weekend!

20. Every time I see this thread it makes me so happy. Justice for Disney bops, guys.

soratami and DJHazey like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.