Rainbow + Sub-Units | The Popjustice Forum

Rainbow + Sub-Units

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by Hitori, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Hitori

Hitori Guest

So all the other 2009 girl groups have their own thread and the seven goddesses of the RAINBOW don't?

Rainbow is a seven-member Korean girl group from DSP Media. Their official fan club name is Rain-nous ('Rainbow' + 'luminous'). Each member of Rainbow has a designated color assigned to her. It should be noted that the name 'Rainbow' did not come from DSP but from the fans of the group. They debuted in 2009 with the single Gossip Girl. So far, their three biggest hits in Korea are To Me, Sweet Dream and A.

[​IMG]
    L-R: NoEul (Blue), HyunYoung (Yellow) , Seung Ah (Indigo) , Jaekyung (Red), Woori (Orange), Jisook (Green), Yoonhye (Violet)

MINI-ALBUMS
    Gossip Girl | Peaked at #2
    - includes the singles Gossip Girl and Not Your Girl
    So Girl | Peaked at #3
    - includes the singles To Me, A and Mach
    Sweet Dream (So Girl Repackage) | Peaked at #6
    - includes the singles Sweet Dream and To Me.

KOREAN PROMOTIONAL SINGLES
    Gossip Girl | Peaked at #62
    Not Your Girl | Peaked at #84
    A | Peaked at #8
    Mach | Peaked at #16
    To Me | Peaked at #3
    Sweet Dream | Peaked at #5

JAPANESE PROMOTIONAL SINGLES
    A (Japanese Version) | Peaked at #3
    Mach (Japanese Version) | Peaked at #9

2. I like how they're being presented image-wise. (I'm a sucker for color.)

I have to say that 'Not Your Girl' is embarrassing. The song sounds unstable.

But 'A' is quite amazing (in both languages). I think I'm going to keep my eye on these girls! Should I start with the "So Girls" ep? Do you have strong feelings about which is the better EP?

3. Hitori

Hitori Guest

I'm a sucker for colors too. Regarding the EPs, Just get Sweet Dream. That's my biased opinion since Sweet Dream is my favorite Rainbow song. My rational self says you should get the So Girl EP because it includes A and Mach.

Their best song, I think, is I Believe. It's from the Gossip Girl EP. Sadly, it wasn't a single. It could have done a better job in promoting them than 'that other song they promoted.'

4. Will do- Thank-you!

And ooh- I really like 'I Believe'. What a chorus!

5. Hitori

Hitori Guest

Just get the So Girl one. Three singles of theirs are there so it would be better I think. But if you're rich, just get everything and make DSP richer. Maybe the other users have better recommendations.

6. Ha, well I'm far from affluent, but I guess they're just EP's, so it really wouldn't hurt wherever I started, would it?

7. Hitori

Hitori Guest

They are yet to release a full album so it doesn't really matter for now. Korean albums usually come with pretty photobooks so it's worth it.

8. 3Xs

3Xs

I don't know if Rainbow is popular enough around here to warrant their own thread but they're flawless so I don't mind. They've yet to release a single I didn't like (well except Not Your Girl...)

I Believe is fucking amazing and I can only thank hitori for introducing me to it a few years ago. Reminds me of classic Girls Aloud; the single that should have been!

Looking forward to Hoi Hoi!

9. Resi12

Resi12 Guest

How did A do worse than Sweet Dream in Korea?

Does popularity really need to be a factor in creating thread's though? Not being bad like but it's hard enough (for me anyway) to find somewhere to talk with people about K-Pop so if you can talk about a group/singer you like then why not create one?

Sorry to go off topic or if I sound out of line, I hope I don't at least. To go back on topic, they deserve one for A alone. To Me is also amazing.

10. Hitori

Hitori Guest

It didn't really do worse. It did quite well considering the single that preceded it was a #84 flop. A placed them in the K-Pop map.

I remember the 'hype' DSP created for Sweet Dream's 'dragonfly dance' where they will close their eyes during the choreography. I was worried they'll fall off the stage when they'll dance with their eyes closed... until I saw the choreography that is.

11. 3Xs

3Xs

Because unlike the main P&J board there's already a general thread for K-Pop here where most acts are discussed. Obviously there are a few very popular acts and their threads are always active (see: SNSD, 2NE1, After School), and it's for the better that they are separated. The other 90% of artist threads are very rarely if ever posted in. Not saying they don't have the 'right' to create a thread - I don't care either way. The threads that are not popular will sink to the bottom anyway - it's just that simple.

12. Hitori

Hitori Guest

Rainbow is technically not a rookie group anymore and they're doing quite well now. I just hope the personalities of the individual members shine more this year for them to get even more fans, especially in Korea.

13. Resi12

Resi12 Guest

I get that but all I meant was we now have a whole section for K-Pop so why not take advantage of it? Plus with sub-units involved it's nice to have a thread so things don't get confusing.

Anyway, I don't mind either. I love the general thread and wouldn't want it to become unused and yet again sorry for de-railing the topic at hand. At least it reminded me I was craving some A.

14. Hitori

Hitori Guest

Rainbow Pixie's concept pictures!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. 3Xs

3Xs

No worries Resi12! I didn't even mean it in that way (i.e. he shouldn't have created it), I just meant I don't know if there are enough Rainbow fans on here that would want to talk about them in a separate thread, if that makes sense. Personally I think this sub-forum has just the right balance between the artist threads and the general thread.

The Pixie concept photos are super cute.

16. ^I think she's hella creepy.

Hoi Hoi MV.
    Nice but the song is so disappointing, the best part is clearly from 2:34 to 2:48. I can see it having more success than some singles of the original group though, haha.

17. Hitori

Hitori Guest

Gosh I need a dance version of Hoi Hoi with them wearing those white Cardcaptor-like clothes.

18. 3Xs

3Xs

1 MV for this song is more than enough...

Oh well. At least the main group's flawless singles run is untouched by this turd.

19. It's not great but I had a feeling it would be at Magic Girl/ Aing levels anyway I guess. Maybe if they keep going they will get their Bangkok City.

I want a Rainbow Red though. With Jaekyung, Woori, Yoonhye and then anyone other member.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.