Random Eurovision Thoughts | Page 100 | The Popjustice Forum

Random Eurovision Thoughts

Discussion in 'Eurovision' started by NecessaryVoodoo, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Bulgaria winning the Olympics with their 2007 Eurovision song. Love to see it.

soratami, daninternational and Maki like this.
  2. Looks like it's ESC 1992 on EurovisionAgain tonight!

3. Oh no. RIP.

Kadebostany and ImaginationS like this.

4. Is it weird that this is my all-time favourite Sweden Eurovision entry?

KamikazeHeart, Txetxu and Alenko like this.

5. His demonic powers seem to get him through every door in the universe.

Txetxu, Burzum and Alenko like this.

6. Despite her shaky vocals and weird staging, this not even qualifying will never not be shocking to me. I thought this was an easy top 5.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2021
    phily693 and daninternational like this.
  7. Does anyone here traces of the Framling chorus melody in the new Abba song?

8. You're not alone. I've seen several Swedish TikToks pointing this out as well.

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMRU5MCCR/

chasingthepast and Txetxu like this.
  9. This "mix" I did back in May is probably the most poptastic 3 hours of music you will ever hear.

popknark2, stevo_1988 and P Grandson like this.
  10. RIP Maria Mendiola (1952-2021), one half of Spanish duo Baccara of UK#1 disco smash Yes Sir I Can Boogie and representing Luxembourg on Eurovision 1978 fame. (She's the one in white.)

11. Last edited: Sep 14, 2021
    Maki likes this.
  12. Congratulations and jubilations. This months #Eurovision goes way back to 1968.

Maki likes this.
  13. Robbed of victory, twice. The nerve.

14. Loving this song for years, I recently kept coming back to it and can now confidently say it's one of my favourite Eurovision entries of all time:

The flawless composition, the gorgeous instrumental, the drama, the pristine vocals, the heavenly ad-libs near the end, the camera work, the staging, Sandra (the singer) looking like a goddess.
    It's all so epic that it seems too good for Eurovision.

mynextrick, Alenko and constantino like this.
  15. Does ANYBODY like Verona other than me.

I feel like it gets nothing but hatred and I don't understand why.

16. It was my most played song of 2017. Gutted when it didn't qualify. Still listen to it around once a week now

17. RIP Claude Lombard (1945-2021)

She represented Belgium in Eurovision 1968 in London (which #EurovisionAgain aired last Saturday).

berserkboi, ImaginationS and Maki like this.
  18. Nooo... I was listening to this song the other day. It's always been among my faves of the early Eurovision days, such a stunning entry and it eventually became my favourite from 1968 edition.
    This is not the only time she appeared at this contest, since she was also a backing singer for Belgium's 1973 Eurovision entry.

Since 1980's, Claude went on to have a career in voice acting and singing theme songs, mainly for animated series:

(calling @berserkboi)

Such a shame she passed away.

19. I thought Verona was fan favourite. At least, it was the Estonian song that was voted to be in the #EurovisionAgain semifinal special.

Txetxu likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.