Random Eurovision Thoughts | Page 98 | The Popjustice Forum

Random Eurovision Thoughts

Discussion in 'Eurovision' started by NecessaryVoodoo, Mar 23, 2017.

1. So so good but people were distracted by her dress sadly.

Maki likes this.
  2. How are we discussing 2013 and no one has posted this gem yet?

Broadway meets Eurovision.

3. As we enter yet another Pride Month, it's worth pointing out that 2021 marks the 60th anniversary of the victory of "Nous Les Amoureux" in Eurovision, which Jean-Claude Pascal would admit it's about a secret love relationship of two men and that he had been in that situation himself. Of course, the lyrics can also apply to a heterosexual relationship but you don't have to dig too deep to find out that they're actually about the struggles and persecution of those who loved someone of the same sex, in a time where LGBT activity was outlawed or at the very least vastly frowned upon pretty much everywhere in the world.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2021

4. How am I hearing this for the first time?! We really have regressed...

WowWowWowWow and discoteca like this.
  5. Unfortunate song title, crap running order, and dreadful wardrobe choice. Otherwise it's a decent Steps-lite song.

Also, Nicki blaming the UK not being part of the Euro as the reason for doing poorly never fails to crack me up.

WowWowWowWow and Jamie like this.
  6. So we did Gina G, Katrina, Imaani, Precious, Nicki French, Lindsay Dracass and Jessica Garlick 7 years in a row and now it's...Joe and Jake, SuRie, Michael Rice and James Newman. Phew. The decline!

lob0to, Dr Pop and discoteca like this.
  7. Don't forget Sonia, Frances Ruffelle, and Samantha Janus just before that!

lob0to and Jamie like this.
  8. Talking about 2013, robbed sensation Igranka is finally on Spotify!

[​IMG]

9. I always loved You're Not Alone, but as usual they just stood there with zero staging

10. 4th in televote and still didn't qualify! The robbery was real.

Ana Raquel likes this.
  11. Not really, when you look at the staging, costumes and 'choreo' you can see about 40% of 2021's entry. The contest moved on. the UK / BBC didn't.

12. I don’t care about that, the song is a bop. I think the staging for that song is crap even for 2000.

13. Samantha Janus had a bop, completely offkey performance and all. It would have done better if the BBC had kept the NF style and not turned her into a Stepford Wife in Rome.

Jamie likes this.
  14. Happy Friendversary B&B!! This post is from 5 years ago so it’s the 55th now.

lob0to, Jamie and Remorque like this.
  15. Ukraine in Eurovision is a class of their own

16. I'm still in awe of Svetlana's everything but the kitchen sink performance 11 years later.

She did that.

17. Ukraine has plenty of great entries, but I think this one is the most understated:

Kadebostany, constantino and krajol like this.

18. Still Ukraine's best and always will be. 1944 who?

19. Listen to Your Heart, but make it Italian.

20. The way this is still ahead of the game twenty years later.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.