Random Melodifestivalen Thoughts | Page 9 | The Popjustice Forum

Random Melodifestivalen Thoughts

Discussion in 'Eurovision' started by KamikazeHeart, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Jesus christ, everything about this is a choice. The "dancing", the "choreo", the outfits, the lacklustre vocals only half being saved by good backup singers in the chorus, the audience physically not being able to give less of a fuck... Wow.

WowWowWowWow and Empty Shoebox like this.
  2. I’m so disappointed that it’s geoblocked but honestly I was mostly interested in pointing and laughing from afar... that’s what you get for deleting my Facebook comments, “Alice Kristina Ingrid Gernandt”!!!!!!

Empty Shoebox likes this.
  3. Just when you thought the gods had stopped smiling down upon us...

HERE'S AN ACOUSTIC PERFORMANCE ON YOUTUBE:

NecessaryVoodoo and WowWowWowWow like this.
  4. [​IMG]

soratami and NecessaryVoodoo like this.
  5. This week, she's going to be singing 'Rhythm Is Gonna Get You'. Wiktoria will be screeching 'Havana'.
    Unfortunately, I can't seem to watch live so you'll have to wait until tomorrow to find out how bad they are.

Bloody Mendez is the coach this week as well. Maybe he'll try to duet with Petra. Maybe that will be awful.

Edit, no, I've found it. Jumped in halfway through 'Despacito'

6. “Man! I Fell Lika A Woman” I can’t.

7. Mendez giving LaGaylia Frazier singing lessons dddd

NecessaryVoodoo and WowWowWowWow like this.
  8. [​IMG]

constantino and NecessaryVoodoo like this.
  9. 'What you have to do is struggle for breath after every two lines. That'll really endear you to the audience and you'll get more televotes than you deserve'.

KamikazeHeart and WowWowWowWow like this.
  10. In completely unrelated news, google translating the TV4 site returns some mirth and merriment:
    [​IMG]

11. Honestly, the thought of Wiktoria blasting her way through Dixie Chick's Not Ready to Make Nice is more terrifying than anything Ace Wilder could unleash.

Never have I been more grateful for archaic geoblocking practises. Well played TV4.

[​IMG]

Rhombus, constantino and WowWowWowWow like this.
  12. I'm going to shock you. Wiktoria wasn't that bad. She was certainly better than Roger Pontare.

Casper Janebrink as Ricky Martin though? It's...not ideal.

WowWowWowWow likes this.
  13. ddd Ace was eliminated first

And I was hoping she'd make it through to opera week

Rhombus and WowWowWowWow like this.
  14. At least she doesn't go home empty handed:
    [​IMG]

I didn't think she was too bad this week. Definitely better than Wiktoria, Roger and Ola Salo, who Charlotte Perrelli'd the first verse (forgot most of the words), and was badly out of time for the rest of the song.

15. [​IMG]

ItTakesAMuscle likes this.
  16. DU SNURRAR MIN JORD

[​IMG]

DET ÄR BARA HOS DEJ JAG FÅR RO
    DET ÄR RÖRIGT IBLAND MEN DU VET

DU VET

[​IMG]

ATT DU SNURRAR MIN JORD

[​IMG]

SNÄLLA GE INTE UPP JAG VILL TRO

PÅ ATT VI BÅDA KAN HÅLLA UT
    TILL STORMEN ÄR SLUT

DU SNURRAR MIN JORD

[​IMG]

17. Fab Freddie was interviewed by Petra Mede on Stjärnornas Stjärna.
    She described him as 'like me, but younger', so I guess we don't have to watch that ever again.

WowWowWowWow and ImaginationS like this.
  18. Rest in Peace, Barbro "Lill - Babs" Svensson! Not my favourite Swedish entry or MF entry by far, but what a class act she was.

19. Noooooooooo and just a few weeks after Petra Marklund breathed new life into En tuff brud i lyxförpackning!

I will always remember Lill-Babs for her aggressively supportive clapping during Petra’s performance of Mikrofonkåt (2:08):

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
    popknark2 and Empty Shoebox like this.
  20. A&E

A&E

Vila i frid Barbro.

Lill-Babs appeared on the Så ska det låta season premiere earlier this year. At the beginning of the episode Sarah congratulated her on the 65th anniversary of her career, and also got tearful remembering singing in a choir at Lill-Babs' 40th career anniversary as a 12-year-old girl and Barbro inviting her to sit with her family (if it got that right).

(This episode is so much fun to watch, by the way.)

I bet Petra's a huge fan.

WowWowWowWow likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.