Random Melodifestivalen Thoughts

I sincerely hope this performance of Ace Wilder singing Man! I Feel Like A Woman isn't geoblocked:

http://www.tv4.se/stjärnornas-stjärna/klipp/ace-wilder-sjunger-man-i-feel-like-a-woman-i-stjärnornas-stjärna-2018-3961784
Jesus christ, everything about this is a choice. The "dancing", the "choreo", the outfits, the lacklustre vocals only half being saved by good backup singers in the chorus, the audience physically not being able to give less of a fuck... Wow.

I’m so disappointed that it’s geoblocked but honestly I was mostly interested in pointing and laughing from afar... that’s what you get for deleting my Facebook comments, “Alice Kristina Ingrid Gernandt”!!!!!!

Just when you thought the gods had stopped smiling down upon us...

HERE'S AN ACOUSTIC PERFORMANCE ON YOUTUBE:

4biq.gif

This week, she's going to be singing 'Rhythm Is Gonna Get You'. Wiktoria will be screeching 'Havana'.
Unfortunately, I can't seem to watch live so you'll have to wait until tomorrow to find out how bad they are.

Bloody Mendez is the coach this week as well. Maybe he'll try to duet with Petra. Maybe that will be awful.

Edit, no, I've found it. Jumped in halfway through 'Despacito'

This week, she's going to be singing 'Rhythm Is Gonna Get You'. Wiktoria will be screeching 'Havana'.
Unfortunately, I can't seem to watch live so you'll have to wait until tomorrow to find out how bad they are.

Bloody Mendez is the coach this week as well. Maybe he'll try to duet with Petra. Maybe that will be awful.

Edit, no, I've found it. Jumped in halfway through 'Despacito'

Mendez giving LaGaylia Frazier singing lessons dddd

Rest in Peace, Barbro "Lill - Babs" Svensson! Not my favourite Swedish entry or MF entry by far, but what a class act she was.

Noooooooooo and just a few weeks after Petra Marklund breathed new life into En tuff brud i lyxförpackning!

I will always remember Lill-Babs for her aggressively supportive clapping during Petra’s performance of Mikrofonkåt (2:08):

Last edited:

A&E

they&she
Vila i frid Barbro.

Lill-Babs appeared on the Så ska det låta season premiere earlier this year. At the beginning of the episode Sarah congratulated her on the 65th anniversary of her career, and also got tearful remembering singing in a choir at Lill-Babs' 40th career anniversary as a 12-year-old girl and Barbro inviting her to sit with her family (if it got that right).

(This episode is so much fun to watch, by the way.)

I bet Petra's a huge fan.